Eden of the East

An edit to ANN's article states the Funimation "does not know" whether their release of EotE will feature the OP by Oasis.

Based upon conversation following this, it appears the likelyhood of this being achieved is low.

Probably,but at least that will be the only big change if they do decide to swap the audio for copyright reasons.If they were to replace the audio with anything,I hope it will be something else by School Food Punishment(Flat,the B side to Futuristic Imagination would work quite well ^_^).

Zin5ki said:
An edit to ANN's article states the Funimation "does not know" whether their release of EotE will feature the OP by Oasis.

Based upon conversation following this, it appears the likelyhood of this being achieved is low.

*Claps*

Well done Funimation and well done Big Brother Recordings
Creation Records,Epic Records,Columbia Records,
Sony Music Entertainment and Reprise Records

your incompetence is astounding

What's Oasis got to do with anything?

I doubt they even care that their music has been licenced for a show they've probably never heard of. Cast your ire at the music company that brokered the licencing deal.

Just Passing Through said:
What's Oasis got to do with anything?

I doubt they even care that their music has been licenced for a show they've probably never heard of. Cast your ire at the music company that brokered the licencing deal.

sorry i'll fix it

Well Oasis can thank Eden for getting my interest back into them...still, their new album isnt the best out of whats released so far (Definately Maybe is the best one in my opinion)

I wonder whether they will have the movie license aswell

Clouded said:
Well Oasis can thank Eden for getting my interest back into them...still, their new album isnt the best out of whats released so far (Definately Maybe is the best one in my opinion)

I wonder whether they will have the movie license aswell

That will all come down to wether or not the series is a success or not when it gets released in America.Based on the following it has managed to gain from fansubs alone however,this seems likely.

If they're going to license the TV series, then I would hope that means they license the films too, given that the end of the TV series leaves us all hanging a bit.

I'm glad it was licensed though, I thought it was a pretty good anime. I'll be disappointed if they don't get Oasis singing the OP though, it'll sound weird without them.

Ok sorry for the bump but after watching it, I have a couple of burning questions.

Why where all those neets who invaded Takiawas mall at the end naked? and why did the come out of nowhere all of a sudden? This is the only bit that made no sense for me.

Also I'm assuming those white crearures Takizawa saw at the crash site where just his imagination, representing how he felt about the neets and how they abandoned him. would you agree?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just marathoned this for the first time myself. I hope the movies fill things out more but it was an enjoyable show.

vashdaman said:
Why where all those neets who invaded Takiawas mall at the end naked? and why did the come out of nowhere all of a sudden? This is the only bit that made no sense for me.

I assumed they had been set up to hide in Dubai for three months then be carried back and quietly reintegrated into society; not sure how the non-naked guy from a previous episode made it back and sorted his life out so quickly though. Taking away their clothes and other identifiers probably dehumanised them and focused them, as well as avoiding issues of them possibly calling for help or being traced so easily on their trip - though I suspect it was partially just done for the spectacle of a massive naked mob.

Also I'm assuming those white crearures Takizawa saw at the crash site where just his imagination, representing how he felt about the neets and how they abandoned him. would you agree?

That's how I took it too. He spoke to them in a similar way.

I want to see the movies now :/

R

Rui said:
Just marathoned this for the first time myself. I hope the movies fill things out more but it was an enjoyable show.

vashdaman said:

I assumed they had been set up to hide in Dubai for three months then be carried back and quietly reintegrated into society; not sure how the non-naked guy from a previous episode made it back and sorted his life out so quickly though. Taking away their clothes and other identifiers probably dehumanised them and focused them, as well as avoiding issues of them possibly calling for help or being traced so easily on their trip - though I suspect it was partially just done for the spectacle of a massive naked mob.

That's how I took it too. He spoke to them in a similar way.

I want to see the movies now :/

R

Yeah it was the Neet in clothes that really baffled me,because I don't recall them givibg a reason for how he had gotten back to Japan early, so I just assumed all the neets had gotten back until they appeared at the end, also don't know how or why the neet with the hat ended up at Takizawas place at the end either. I just think it's one of those things we just need to suspend our disbelief about. Also I agree I think they were just naked for the spectacle lol.

When are the movies hitting North America? Because I really can't wait.

vashdaman said:
When are the movies hitting North America? Because I really can't wait.

IIRC they start appearing early next year, so it's not too long a wait thankfully!

R

Back