E3 2012

Remember, Nintendo still have their software showcase in 1-2 hours (it either begins at 1am or 2am, but I forget which it is). That will focus on 3DS stuff.

Joshawott said:
Remember, Nintendo still have their software showcase in 1-2 hours (it either begins at 1am or 2am, but I forget which it is). That will focus on 3DS stuff.

You mean tomorrow. It'll be shown at about 1-2am on thursday morning for us since it is scheduled for 6pm PDT on wednesday. So still a good 23 or so hours away until it airs.

Dead or Alive 5 has had a fairly big showing with IGN and tecmokoei as well. The tournament connecting to IPL has had a fairly decent audience online(hitting 1k on twitch), and they revealed 4 new characters as well. Kokoro and Tina are the only two playable of the four, Bass and Sarah(Virtua Fighter) where shown, but not any gameplay for. Bass was only shown in screens though i should note. Getting really hyped for it now, the game has improved a lot since the alpha demo, and looks hella nice, blows DOA4 out the window easily. Just wish i could get my hands on this build of the demo =/

Oh, and for those wondering if the jiggle factor plus usual eye candy from DOA will be removed, fear not, TecmoKoei are releasing "premium sexy costumes" for the characters alongside the collectors edition. The only one shown was for Kasumi

Yeah, I got confused about the date of the software showcase. 2am this morning was their developers thingy which I read a liveblog for. Not much new came from that, except that NintendoLand has an F-Zero inspired mini-game.

WHAT THE F--- WAS THAT S--- NINTENDO?

Here's an idea for next year's E3: ANNOUNCE SOMETHING NEW.

That software showcase was balls. Yes, Paper Mario looks really good but...but no new announcements?!

EDIT:
Reggie knows they ballsed up. He just announced Fire Emblem: Awakening's US release existing on Twitter.

Fire Emblem Awakening is coming according to IGN and Kotaku on Twitter. Reggie apparently just told them offstage, since you know, mentioning it in something like a 3DS Software Showcase would make too much sense.

To be fair though, Fire Emblem was purely a US announcement, since we have it confirmed here already. The show was pretty abysmal overall. Paper Mario looked good, Mirror of Fate/epic Mickey look decent, Luigis mansion looks decent, sure. But we saw all these yesterday. We could have done with seeing new titles here. the eshop will now be host to digital copies of 3DS titles, so why not announce third party ones doing that? I heard rumours of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 being considered. If it was, why not mention it? It seems a bit silly on their end. And Reggies thumbs up was extremely forced at the end.

The stream outright cut out for me towards the end.

Overall, I was very disappointed. Also, why tease us with Pokémon like that?!

I will probably buy Paper Mario now. It's such a shame that when they say "The demo is live....now" that only means in America.

Ubisoft have said that while they're busy on the PC, PS360 versions of Watch Dogs, a Wii U version is a possibility.

Microsoft and EA presentations were boring. I liked the look of Splinter Cell though.

Boobisoft had a great presentation, Watch Dogs looks amazing and AC3 looks decent too, I had my doubts about it originally.

I didn't bother watching Sony or Nintendo due to MS and EA being rubbish.

The best thing I saw though was the announcement for Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires.

For me, the conferences where the lowest part of E3, my highest bit was the Dead or Alive 5 tournament, i watched it over all three days. Good fun, and great to see high level play on the game, especially now it's being built with a competitive scene in mind as well. Akira looks to be a pretty good fit into the series, and Sarah was confirmed from Virtua Fighter as well. (for those wondering, 4 characters where announced, 2 playable, 2 not - Tina/Kokoro playable, Sarah/Bass not). The only let down with it, was that a Hayabusa player won it. I'd have rather have seen a Kasumi/Hitomi player win it.

I'm still catching up with the other bits of news thrown out at E3, but overall, it was fairly mediocre this year in comparison to last years.

Arbalest said:
For me, the conferences where the lowest part of E3, my highest bit was the Dead or Alive 5 tournament, i watched it over all three days. Good fun, and great to see high level play on the game, especially now it's being built with a competitive scene in mind as well. Akira looks to be a pretty good fit into the series, and Sarah was confirmed from Virtua Fighter as well. (for those wondering, 4 characters where announced, 2 playable, 2 not - Tina/Kokoro playable, Sarah/Bass not). The only let down with it, was that a Hayabusa player won it. I'd have rather have seen a Kasumi/Hitomi player win it.

I'm still catching up with the other bits of news thrown out at E3, but overall, it was fairly mediocre this year in comparison to last years.

I agree, there's not been any real surprise announcements that caught me off guard, I got more info on the games I was already interested in and made aware of a sequel to one I already own, so yeah, bit disappointing.

Yeah, I usually get annoyed every year with everyone moaning about E3, but this year it was really dire. Nothing I can truly get excited about at all.

Back