Duke Nukem Forever

LOL just mentioning the name is a joke......

although this video comes to mind....
i dont know if its real or fake but i have a feeling that its somewhat real.
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?umid=226223"> <param name="quality" value="high"> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?umid=226223" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>

This game has been in development for what? 10 years is it now? :p Is there anything left to discuss about it? Other then from what footage i've seen if looked worse then games released a couple of years before it

I think Duke Nukem Forever raises the question of when an upcoming game stops being the original one that was promised and becomes an entirely different project. Like how 'Team Fortress 2' is technically a serious, gritty modern-warfare FPS, a Science Fiction nightmare about Alien invasion AND a zany cartoon FPS about the war between Red and Blu. In effect, even if Duke Nukem Forever is actually released, many Duke Nukem Forevers have perished in the build up, and many bothans died to bring us this information.

I remember when I cared about Duke Nukem forever....back in 1998 when I was still mapping fro Duke Nukem 3d (BUILD is the single greatest time waster EVER).

Frankly I've moced on, though, so has the rest of the world....I'd still quite like a re-release of Zero Hour or Manhattan Project for XBLA, though ;)

Things that have taken less time than Duke Nukem Forever's Development:

The Wright brothers designed and flew the first airplane.
The theory of General Relativity.
The United States' entire program to put a man on the moon, from Kennedy's challenge to the landing.
The complete construction of many monumental buildings and engineering projects. To name a few-
The Empire State Building (Jan 1930 - May 1931)
The Channel Tunnel (Dec 1987 - May 1994)
The Golden Gate Bridge (Jan 1933 - May 1937)
The World Trade Center (Aug 1966 - April 1973)
World War II and the entire Manhattan Project. Yes, even the complete development of the atomic bomb took less time.

EpicLulz said:
Things that have taken less time than Duke Nukem Forever's Development:

The Wright brothers designed and flew the first airplane.
The theory of General Relativity.
The United States' entire program to put a man on the moon, from Kennedy's challenge to the landing.
The complete construction of many monumental buildings and engineering projects. To name a few-
The Empire State Building (Jan 1930 - May 1931)
The Channel Tunnel (Dec 1987 - May 1994)
The Golden Gate Bridge (Jan 1933 - May 1937)
The World Trade Center (Aug 1966 - April 1973)
World War II and the entire Manhattan Project. Yes, even the complete development of the atomic bomb took less time.

LMAO genius

Want more facts since this game was first annouced?

40 new members have been elected to the Senate.

The national debt has increased by over 3 trillion dollars.

Bill Clinton finished his presidential term, George W. Bush was elected and re-elected.

4 nations have acquired nuclear weapons technology.

19 wars have begun.
5 wars have ended.

Approximately 509,373,306 people have died and 661,373,082 have been born.

There have been 7 total solar eclipses and 8 total lunar eclipses.

The United Kingdom handed sovereignty of Hong Kong to the People's Republic of China.

There have been 22 "major" school shootings worldwide.

The population of the world has crossed six billion

They released a "teaser trailer" last year I think, although this was all rendered and not in game. At least us Duke Nukem fans have 3D coming to XBLA.

mwxiii said:
IF it is ever released it better be the best and manliest game ever created :p
It just need to be released to be a success... it will sell like hot cakes, until people realize it's crap. If it manage to be any good, well... it's gonna be epic.

Duke Nukem 3D was good fun, but it was hardly revolutionary - the way they're treating it is akin to the return of Jesus or an Alien landing :roll: , they should just cut their losses and release it instead of repeatly starting again when they realise they're outdated.

Wildcard said:
Duke Nukem 3D was good fun, but it was hardly revolutionary - the way they're treating it is akin to the return of Jesus or an Alien landing :roll: , they should just cut their losses and release it instead of repeatly starting again when they realise they're outdated.

Best quote from Duke nukem 3D "when i'm finished with you im gunna rip your head off and sh*t down your throat" and he actually does it :lol: comedy factor rose +3

Unfortunately they'll put off the release till such a date that when it is released they realise "oh crap......nobody bothered buying it......damn"

(personally i think playstation Home development team are trying to beat the nukem teams 10 year release backdate......cruel sods)

Wildcard said:

Oh, I wouldn't say that. It introduced looking up and down to 2.5d engines, was one of the FPS games to include the editor and art editor with the game, introduced the idea of the quipping hero to the FPS and, now I thnk about it, was the first game to introduce the alternate melee attack at extreme close range without changing weapons.

MrChom said:
now I thnk about it, was the first game to introduce the alternate melee attack at extreme close range without changing weapons.

Ah yes the kick, forgot about that one. I see what you mean, but most of those things are standard in games now - it's going to have to do something special to warrant the 10 years of production.

Back