Dubbed Anime

BlackWolf said:
Wait...there's two Akira dubs :eek: Which is the one that's on the Manga Ent's utimate release then?
Both. Disk 1 has the 1989 dub(with the movie is full screen format and VHS quality video, god knows why they put that on...) and Disk 2 has the Pioneer dub (with remastered video). It's a good thing the Pioneer dub is great too because the release only has annoying hearing impared subtitles.

I don't know why it couldn't be just one disk and have the option of selecting which dub you want on the remastered version.

yeh i agree with what most people are saying... the original vampire hunter d dub is dreadfull tho. evangelion you either hate or love the dub theres no inbetween really, i love it, i think the dub on end of eva is the best dub ive ever seen!!

[quote="Fudce~Basically all of the Ghibli collection
Varies dependant on film. Whisper of the Heart is by far the best.[/quote]

Even though it changes the plot? I wouldn't watch it in dub, if I were you.

Ghibli films to vary - some are excellent, but they are often very "Americanised". Laputa probably has the worst dub - they made one minor character into a comedy act by putting in as much off-screen puns as possible (whether that's a willing sacrifice for the orchestrated score in the English version is up to you). Also avoid Totoro's dub. Two words: Dakota Fanning.

Back