DreamWorks to Make 3D Live-Action Ghost in the Shell

Sounds interesting alright! Not sure how well GitS would work in live-action, but I'm still looking forward to it!

There really are a lot of anime/manga adaptations coming up, huh? ^__^

Looking at the people connected to this, it should turn out well. Steven Spielberg wouldn't accept a poor movie, and Avi Arad being apart of Marvel and producing the Spider-man films has shown that he respects the original story that films are adapted from, so shouldn't let this divulge from the original plot too much.

King Jimmeh said:
and Avi Arad being apart of Marvel and producing the Spider-man films has shown that he respects the original story that films are adapted from, so shouldn't let this divulge from the original plot too much.

I must of miss the the part of Spiderman when Harry is killed by Venom

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I was hoping the project would never get the green light. It's nice to hear that Spielberg's on board, but to be honest I have very low expectations.

It's good that there's more news of a new GitS but i'm not sure how well this'll work.

I'm definately looking forward to it nevertheless!

I really hope all these Hollywood versions of anime will really do something for anime as a whole, like the film better really hit home exactly where this adaptation is coming from.

Doberman Pharaoh said:
As oppposed to...2D Live-Action? o_O

As in green and red tinted paper glasses.

melonpan said:
I really hope all these Hollywood versions of anime will really do something for anime as a whole, like the film better really hit home exactly where this adaptation is coming from.

It's Hollywood we're dealing with here. Just look at the various remakes of J-horror films. It'll end up being a poor-man's Matrix 3/4 years too late (which is odd considering that the original GITS movie was used to pitch the concept of The Matrix). PC and lacking any real depth or impact compared to the source material.

Also 3-D sucks like hell.

Woo, I love these announcements. A GitS movie would be really awesome. We'll start to hear the groans once the changes and cast information is released. A don't know how a 3D movie would work with it, If it is, I really hope its not one of 'em where its painful and seriously gives you a 'eadache when watching without the glasses..

Still awaiting more information on them Monster movies, though. ;/

It might not be bad for anime in general if some of the live action adaptations coming out are good, and people start looking back to where the original stories come from.

I am not sure how all the comic adaptations affected the sales of comics, but it can't have been bad. Also looking at alot of the recent comic films it is apparant that money is being spent and that people won't accept the shoddy films of the past.

I think from most of the anime touted as possible holywood live action films GiTS has a better chance than many of being good, it is near future sci fi which should work as a live action film.

This is one of the few anime I genuinely believe can have a decent live-action adaptation.
Jayme said:
Still awaiting more information on them Monster movies, though. ;/
Never mind the movies. I want the damn series licenced here!

Sounds interesting,would also like to know the cast when available.What i really want to know is will it be a remake of the first film(which,if true will probably heavily edited),or is it a completely new story?

I really don't hope this turns into reams and reams of negative opinions on the whole matter, as like, every single other Hollywood adaptation has. I think people should just be happy this is happening. Undoubtably this will turn into a "oh noes it's going to be the worst thing evar!!!", "THEY ARE GONNA RUIN IT OH NOES!!!1111" situation.

EDIT: I mean when more news comes out about the case, etc, as has been mentioned. It seems positive at the moment.

Back