Dragonball Z (Live Action) Pics

I hope it'll be a good film in its own right.

Star Chatwin apparently didn't have to put on a crazy wig to resemble that of his anime counterpart as director James Wong felt his hair was already kinda nutty.
I think this is the problem, The pictures don't look "nutty", AT ALL. I think Wong is turning it into a Superhero movie, Them screenshots shout "Spider-man" to me. I firmly believe that they should keep it a strange world, fighting in space, in deserts. A place where aliens get drivers licenses.. I'm still holding my final judgement on the film until I have at least seen a full length movie trailer. The plot doesn't look that interesting, either.

..I have expectations, still. ;/

By the by, Its called Dragon Ball. It has no Z in it, whatsoever.

I have a feeling this is going to be nothing more than a really Americanized martial arts film. I'd like to think I'm wrong and it'll be good.

I'll hold my judgement on the film itself until I see it, but costume wise (i'm also taking into consideration some other images I stumbled across today that I may or may not post) it looks like a fans bad attempt at cosplay.I am not impressed in that respect.

Tasker said:
So... any idea when Streetfig... er I mean Dragonball the movie is due out?

april 2009 which is funny because i think that is when the new street fighter movie is due out (though that would most likely be out in the summer to make the most money) actually on that last thought it's more likely that the Dragonball movie will be pushed back to the summer anyway

chaos said:
Dan said:
http://www.joblo.com/dragonball-pics

Still not sure what I think to this :?

I'm scared :(

I keep getting the Van Damme Street Fighter vibe whenever I see anything for it, I can't see how it can work.

Lets hope i'm wrong :?

lol it if it can be a closer adapation to the source matrial like Mortal Kombat was over street fighter then i'll be happy but at the moment... :? i don't know i'll wait until trailers or pictures of james masters in costume as piccolo

AVERT THINE EYES!!

It seriously looks like a horrible adaption. But i'll still see it. Part of me still has the slightest bit of hope.

Kinda reminds me of the Mortal Kombat TV series... :x

You never know though, they might be able to pull it off so good luck to them!

Yeah, that looks pretty terrible. Kind of reminds of the US Power Rangers TV series. Not good. They should have tried to make it look more cartoon-y ...

Oh, dear. :?

You're all wrong -- it's going to be fantastic. Believe it. BELIEVE IT!

Oh, dear.

"Fantastic" means 'so-bad-it's-good', yes?

Dan said:
chaos said:
Dan said:
http://www.joblo.com/dragonball-pics

Still not sure what I think to this :?

I'm scared :(

I keep getting the Van Damme Street Fighter vibe whenever I see anything for it, I can't see how it can work.

Lets hope i'm wrong :?
I don't think that the van dame street fighter was so bad when I look at those pictures...

Maxon said:
People had expectations that it might possibly be good? Oh dear.
As maltos said:
Maltos said:
It seriously looks like a horrible adaption. But i'll still see it. Part of me still has the slightest bit of hope.

Maxon, you can't blame people for dreaming ;]

So, to all of you saying it's terrible, what did you expect? For it to look like a masterpiece of epic proportions? This is DRAGON BALL, the series isn't all that great anyway, at least this would look better than how Japan/Korea/Whatever done it.

They are only set photos. Then again it is Dragonball, it wasn't exactly an anime series that screamed of workable live action adaption anyway.

Back