• Like?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dislike?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ryo Chan said:
well cheer up lads, if the movie does flops, no need to worry

they're already working on a sequel *cries*

I would ask if you were joking but why would you joke about something like that.

What happened to the good old days where Hollywood waited to see how a film did at the box office before deciding to make a sequel or not, it seems that nowadays that films get made in threes...

BlackWolf said:
Ryo Chan said:
well cheer up lads, if the movie does flops, no need to worry

they're already working on a sequel *cries*

I would ask if you were joking but why would you joke about something like that.

What happened to the good old days where Hollywood waited to see how a film did at the box office before deciding to make a sequel or not, it seems that nowadays that films get made in threes...

Fraid i'm not, ANN just confirmed it :(

I would indeed watch this film, perhaps it's sequel as well.
Unfortunately, cinema tickets (along with sufficient quantities of alcohol to make any film enjoyable regardless of how entertaining it is when sober) can only be obtained by first paying a sum of money.
In sight of this unfortunate fact, it's best I spend my cash elsewhere.

I think I actually cried when I saw this it saddened me that much.

Grew up living off dragonball, Z and GT. If i didnt own dragonball z dvds I would die at how bad this looks. at least this movie I can just deny its existence and if anyone asks I'll just deny any knowledge of it!

Thing is the Author isn't actually that bothered about the movie adaption (in the sense that he isn't outraged at the changes etc) He said to just see it as another dimension of Dragon Ball and that's how the fans should see it as well...I wonder how much royality he's getting paid...

Apparently, the second DragonBall films which they have the script fully written for, only needs to be green-lit, is meant to, according to Justin Chatwin "The second one goes more into the whole legacy and the genealogy of Dragonball. It goes more in-depth into a real Dragonball series, the kind of intergalactic world of Dragonball.â€

Well, if they're mentioning "intergalactic", then it sounds closer to DBZ than DB. DB was mostly mythology-based. It wasn't until Z that it became a tad more sci-fi with space and aliens.

Hokum said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/dragonball-evolution

Hmm sounds about as good as i guessed it would...

To quote the review...
"In short, it's as bad as the fans said it would be."

Hah i read that earlier, well quiet optimism just went out of the window :p

Watched the trailer just now and all I could think of was what a waste of money.I don't know how much this pile of garbage cost but knowing hollywood propably between $30 & $50 million dollars.
When I think how many decent anime series could have been made with that money it makes want to weep.This is just another example of hollywood so bereft of ideas that the have to butcher another anime to make a few bucks(few been the operative word here!).
I feel for all those DB fans who will most likely go and see this and end up running out the cinema screaming :lol: ,but spare a thought if hollywood gets around to some of the other anime that they are thinking of turning into live-action(cowboy bebop,ghost in the shell etc.)
I mean just imagine Hollywood trying to do a one piece,naruto or bleach live-actionfilm.I shudder just at the idea.

Well, I cannot say I'm at all surprised. I sometimes disagree with the writer of that review, but his conclusion this time seems to cohere with the DBE material we've been seeing up 'til now.

Back