Dragon Ball Z movies

serpantino

Thousand Master
I've nearly finished dbz kai and I was wondering which movies people felt were must sees or provided some great lore. I think I've watched a few but it would have been a lonnnnggg time ago.

From what I can gather, none of them are great. Personally I've only seen Battle of Gods and Resurrection F, which are okay, and I think are better ways to see those stories compared to the full arcs they got in Super.

Best advice, all of the recent double/triple movie packs have been reviewed on AUKN by Cold Cobra: Cold Cobra

or Team Four Star on Youtube, who know their stuff when it comes to Dragon Ball, did a ranking of all the movies and specials:

From what I can gather, none of them are great. Personally I've only seen Battle of Gods and Resurrection F, which are okay, and I think are better ways to see those stories compared to the full arcs they got in Super.

Best advice, all of the recent double/triple movie packs have been reviewed on AUKN by Cold Cobra: Cold Cobra

or Team Four Star on Youtube, who know their stuff when it comes to Dragon Ball, did a ranking of all the movies and specials:

Thanks I'll check that.

Bardock and Trunks TV special are a must since they further help with filling blank lore.

Then Z movies while not really stretching lore before the recent BoG and ResF one's are still enjoyable, the one's I'd recommend are:
Z Movie 1- Garlic Jr linked to the filler arc.

Z Movie 3- Pretty decent.

Z Movie 5- Rehash of the Freeza arc but it's short.

Z Movie 8- Love the atmosphere of this film and one of the best of the old 13 Z movies.

Z Movie 13- Best of the lot.

Back