Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's okay.....

• Wow, could it suck any more?

• Total voters

Shiro Yui

Brigade Leader
I thought this would be the best time to mention DBZ as it seems to get more popular the older it gets. Let’s get some things straight;

The manga is awesome, if you can afford to eat; you should be able to afford at least 1 vol. In terms of the anime, I personally believe that DBZ lacks the 'wow factor' as it does on page.

However, I think that the English dub is better than the original. Sure, they originally cut some of the violence, but if the subtitles on the r1 releases are correct for the Japanese audio, I think we were saved from one of the most boring shows ever.

The movies rock people, apart from the r2 releases, and movie 10 & 11, but the rest are good, can’t wait for movie 13. sure we get screwed in the UK in terms of releases, but play.com’s international site sells a lot of the series and its still free delivery.

Finally, in terms of the recent games, I think they are the best anime-videogame adaptations, especially Budokai 3. That is how it’s done people.

That’s my 2 pence on DBZ, what’s yours?

It's still very much alive in my heart. It's the show that pretty much defines anime for me. It's just a damn shame that the DVD's aren't avaliable over here... I hate importing stuff mainly due to the cost and the time involved.

There are 40+ volumes of the manga, correct? I've often thought about buying them until I have a complete collection both for reference and enjoyment. Perhaps if i make more money than I currently am in the future, then I just may be able to do that.

46 volumes. One Piece is bigger than it. I would consider buying it... once I finish a series, which'll take a while.

Torn between 'It's okay.....' and 'Wow, could it suck any more?'. Caught about 20-30 episodes and didn't think much of it, they spent 1/3 the time bragging they wern't using full power, 1/3 leveling up or powering up some insanely long punch or fire ball, then teh last bit kicking the snot out of the other guy , next episode reverse roles and repeat.

I love Dragonball Z, though in truth if i watched it for the first time nowadays i probably wouldn't like it so much, but since it was something i was so passionate about when i was really getting into anime it will always be something i favour

hopeful_monster said:
Torn between 'It's okay.....' and 'Wow, could it suck any more?'. Caught about 20-30 episodes and didn't think much of it, they spent 1/3 the time bragging they wern't using full power, 1/3 leveling up or powering up some insanely long punch or fire ball, then teh last bit kicking the snot out of the other guy , next episode reverse roles and repeat.

XD very true but I loved, and still do =P, DBZ, it was the first real anime I got into besides Pokemon and I thought it was awesome lol.
The games rock, especially the last 2 (Budokai 3 and Budokai Tenkaichi)

So... Yes it's good imo =P

Hiro Yui said:
hmmm, some interesting views. my next question is if you guys would be intrested in a new series or spin off of DBZ?

Wasn't GT the spin off, and there are countless films.

I can't see what the apeal is, I watched most of the series though I wish I had stopped before I did.

apart from GT and the movies, where would u want the series to go. i dont mean AF rubbish like SSJ46 or fusion between 12 people.

for example, i would like to see a series with vegeta as the main chracter or trunks, during a alternate timeline or during the time between Z and GT

A show that had me cheering for the characters, smacking the TV and jumping up and down at the sight of the nearest Kamehameha?! FANTASTIC!

Of course, the Cell Saga really is the only one worth watching :wink:

Back