Dragon Ball Z DVD questions

King Jimmeh said:
Yeah, they are marked up as R1, 2 and 4.

But, it says "Region 1 encoding (requires a North American or multi-region DVD player and NTSC compatible TV.)" on that page and "NTSC" and "Region 1" are next to the title of the product. Has Amazon gotten it wrong? If I bought this set, it would play on my PS2 or R2 DVD player with a PAL TV?

CitizenGeek said:
King Jimmeh said:
Yeah, they are marked up as R1, 2 and 4.

But, it says "Region 1 encoding (requires a North American or multi-region DVD player and NTSC compatible TV.)" on that page and "NTSC" and "Region 1" are next to the title of the product. Has Amazon gotten it wrong? If I bought this set, it would play on my PS2 or R2 DVD player with a PAL TV?

Apparently so, Amazon probably just listed it up quickly and wrongly to a extent.

Yeah, they are the ones, I was a bit confused about the region coding aswell, but they definitely work on region 2 and pal tv. Suspicious isnt it....funimation actually doing something nice for europeans....

megagold5 said:
Yeah, they are the ones, I was a bit confused about the region coding aswell, but they definitely work on region 2 and pal tv. Odd....isnt it....funimation actually doing something nice for europeans....

Wow, that's awesome! I'm definitely ordering the first one! Just to be absolutely sure: the set you have is certainly not a bootleg? And you didn't have to adjust your TV or DVD player at all? Thanks ^_^

megagold5 said:
Yeah, they are the ones, I was a bit confused about the region coding aswell, but they definitely work on region 2 and pal tv. Suspicious isnt it....funimation actually doing something nice for europeans....

It would be nice to think they did it because they know that DBZ releases are practically in limbo over here

CitizenGeek said:
megagold5 said:
Yeah, they are the ones, I was a bit confused about the region coding aswell, but they definitely work on region 2 and pal tv. Odd....isnt it....funimation actually doing something nice for europeans....

Wow, that's awesome! I'm definitely ordering the first one! Just to be absolutely sure: the set you have is certainly not a bootleg? And you didn't have to adjust your TV or DVD player at all? Thanks ^_^

They are not bootlegs, nor do they require any adjustments to be made (at least neither me or the friend I lent them to have needed to).

It is merely a fantastic set at a bargain of a price (in my opinion).

My only real issue with the sets are the remastering, as it has been assumed that FUNimation just use a smudge tool to get out the grain on the film. Which makes lines a lot less visible. I've got Season 1-3, and probably will get 4-7(When they're released), along with the hoped boxsets for DB, and GT. And yes, me being Canadian, means that all the DragonBall I watched was dubbed by Ocean and Blue Water. Hated Blue Water's GT dub, same goes for the DB dub(Good on them for retaining the ending music in the last episode, and using the original Opening/Ending Animation to the most part).

Back