Dragon Ball Z at the BBFC courtesy of Manga?

megagold5 said:
Well, if it has been licenced, I fear it is very much too late for any chance of success... Also, 'U' rating...really?

It's just extra features, not content.

Personally I doubt it would be a series of any kind, especially with mention of an HD featurette. How many episodes is Kai anyway? I doubt it's just 13, which is as far as Manga will stretch for Blu-ray. Maybe they have a Dragonball movie incoming, much in the same way as their Yu-gi-oh feature a while back.

Just Passing Through said:
megagold5 said:
Well, if it has been licenced, I fear it is very much too late for any chance of success... Also, 'U' rating...really?

Personally I doubt it would be a series of any kind, especially with mention of an HD featurette. How many episodes is Kai anyway? I doubt it's just 13, which is as far as Manga will stretch for Blu-ray. Maybe they have a Dragonball movie incoming, much in the same way as their Yu-gi-oh feature a while back.

Well, the 'featurette' sounds like the thing included on the Orange Brick sets about the remastering process and there will probably a similar such featurette on the upcoming Blu-Rays for DBZ from Funi later this year, so it could be one of those two. I don't know if there was a similar such feature on the DBZKai sets from Funi or not.

In saying that, I am pretty sure that "rebirth" was one of Funi's big marketing terms when advertising DBZKai, so that definitely leds me in that direction and I cant see why they would include such a featurette on anything other than the show itself, it would be pointless.

Also, even the clean openings aren't exactly 'U' material for the most part.

megagold5 said:
megagold5 said:

Well, the 'featurette' sounds like the thing included on the Orange Brick sets about the remastering process and there will probably a similar such featurette on the upcoming Blu-Rays for DBZ from Funi later this year, so it could be one of those two. I don't know if there was a similar such feature on the DBZKai sets from Funi or not.

In saying that, I am pretty sure that "rebirth" was one of Funi's big marketing terms when advertising DBZKai, so that definitely leds me in that direction and I cant see why they would include such a featurette on anything other than the show itself, it would be pointless.

Had a look on Dragonball Wiki, and it looks like the extras from the Dragonball Z Season 1 remastered set. DVD, don't let the HD featurette fool you.

Is it too little too late, or will Dragonball Z still fly off the shelves even now?

megagold5 said:
megagold5 said:

Had a look on Dragonball Wiki, and it looks like the extras from the Dragonball Z Season 1 remastered set. DVD, don't let the HD featurette fool you.

Is it too little too late, or will Dragonball Z still fly off the shelves even now?
Well, in the US, they're just about to finish the Dragon Box release, and now they're doing a Blu-Ray release. 17 episodes a set.

Yeah, it will probably do well :lol:

I know I'd buy it, good for rounding off the Dragonball I'm slowing acrewing.

Best part is, if manga welch on this, I can just get the orange boxes and do it that way, tis a fine day for science indeed!

Well...as long as it wasn't, say, a re-release of the Big Green dub of the movies. We'd do well to pretend those never existed.

Paradox295 said:
Well, in the US, they're just about to finish the Dragon Box release, and now they're doing a Blu-Ray release. 17 episodes a set.

Don't forget the soon to be repackaged Dragon Ball Z Kai 26 episode season collections xD

It could do well if it's done right, but i'm not building hopes up just yet

I'm expecting these to be the Madman versions (of the Orange bricks) since that's what some UK anime releases end up as.

For fans who know what to look for, there's the Dragon Boxes, for people who probably don't like anime and have missed the good ol' days of Toonami they might just get these DVDs, and hopefully none of them will realise they're no the same voices as before.

A great thing about this is that if you don't care about the picture and don't have much money, the price is bound to fall fast.

The Time Traveller said:
I'm expecting these to be the Madman versions (of the Orange bricks) since that's what some UK anime releases end up as.

For fans who know what to look for, there's the Dragon Boxes, for people who probably don't like anime and have missed the good ol' days of Toonami they might just get these DVDs, and hopefully none of them will realise they're no the same voices as before.

A great thing about this is that if you don't care about the picture and don't have much money, the price is bound to fall fast.
Already got the Dboxes 1-3. Wouldn't want to get a UK release of that anyway, since it's the "best quality evar!!!11", and a PAL transfer would make that moot.

Would have preferred One Piece over DBZ, to be honest.

TheLasersharkKH said:
Paradox295 said:

Don't forget the soon to be repackaged Dragon Ball Z Kai 26 episode season collections xD

Not to mention, the upcoming "Dragonball Z Anal Thermometers"....we all know with the way DBZ gets milked, that they're bound to come out soon.

Joshawott said:
TheLasersharkKH said:
Paradox295 said:

Not to mention, the upcoming "Dragonball Z Anal Thermometers"....we all know with the way DBZ gets milked, that they're bound to come out soon.

I shall buy 2! >.> <.<

Way too late for me, I brought the "orange brick" sets years ago. Still, I would love to see it get a release here anyway, just because it would be nice to see it on the shelves.

Ooooh I wouldn't this happening. It's one of the more famous shows I haven't seen (though I have read all of the manga). Almost came close to importing it recently after months of pondering, but I might see what happens with this first.

Truered said:
Ooooh I wouldn't this happening. It's one of the more famous shows I haven't seen (though I have read all of the manga). Almost came close to importing it recently after months of pondering, but I might see what happens with this first.

You gonna watch it dubbed or subbed? I got a feeling if you've only read the manga you might dislike the dub.

The Time Traveller said:
Truered said:

You gonna watch it dubbed or subbed? I got a feeling if you've only read the manga you might dislike the dub.

I have no idea at the moment.

However I might go with dubbed purely because having been use to dbz abridged/parody videos on youtube, and having never properly watched the show before, Japanese Goku just sounds odd to me. The clip of Kai I saw sounded more like a 70 year woman ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masako_Nozawa ) then the hero I read about :lol:

And read about I did...I had no internet for a month, and read the final 15 volumes in two days :lol:

Truered said:
The Time Traveller said:
Truered said:

I have no idea at the moment.

However I might go with dubbed purely because having been use to dbz abridged/parody videos on youtube, and having never properly watched the show before, Japanese Goku just sounds odd to me. The clip of Kai I saw sounded more like a 70 year woman ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masako_Nozawa ) then the hero I read about :lol:

And read about I did...I had no internet for a month, and read the final 15 volumes in two days :lol:

The thing about Kai is the voice actors in the american dub out perform the original Japanese ones, Nozawa just sounded too different in Kai to me, but she's good in the original series. Hopefully they'll release the seasons of DB and GT too so people can check those out.

One character's voice isn't really a reason to dislike the Japanese version when the voices in the dub are so inconsistent and bad... and they mess up names of characters and attacks, not to mention the actual script.

Plus c'mon, Cell is Norio Wakamoto, he's the main reason to stick to the Japanese version.

The Time Traveller said:
Plus c'mon, Cell is Norio Wakamoto, he's the main reason to stick to the Japanese version.

But of course, for that section I'd have to switch :D

Now to just hope it does get some kind of release, and doesn't just fizzle out...feeling too lazy to work out exchange rates and check to see if the import limit has changed :p

Back