Dragon Ball Kai Ocean Dub seems to be.. actually happening?!

Reaper gI said:
Ryu Shoji said:
No Blu-Rays on this side of the atlantic (heck, we hardly ever get any DVDs. Only Chronicles, Movies 1-6 and 10, with 13's release being delayed more than any Manga UK title), bu.
No Blurays in Japan.
There's no way in hell anything will get an HD (FUNi have some upscaled from DVD masters Japan don't have) BD relase if it doesn't already have one in Japan. Parallel import risk
Aye, so the Heroes/Destiny Deoxys Blu-Ray double feature is most likely an upscale; also, iirc, Australia are getting a similar set. Because I don't own a blu-ray player, I've never got too focused in looking into them.

Still a blu-ray though.

Looking forward to this with all the enthusiasm of a lost child on a bouncy-castle. Also secretly hoping that the production values here surpass FUNI's dub, because I am plainly jaundiced.

Uppa said:
Looking forward to this with all the enthusiasm of a lost child on a bouncy-castle. Also secretly hoping that the production values here surpass FUNI's dub, because I am plainly jaundiced.
If they do a Death Note-quality dub, then maybe.

If they do a DBZ-"lets do it as quick as possible so we can get it out faster than Funi", then it will suck =/

Ryu Shoji said:
Reaper gI said:
Ryu Shoji said:
No Blu-Rays on this side of the atlantic (heck, we hardly ever get any DVDs. Only Chronicles, Movies 1-6 and 10, with 13's release being delayed more than any Manga UK title), bu.
No Blurays in Japan.
There's no way in hell anything will get an HD (FUNi have some upscaled from DVD masters Japan don't have) BD relase if it doesn't already have one in Japan. Parallel import risk
Aye, so the Heroes/Destiny Deoxys Blu-Ray double feature is most likely an upscale; also, iirc, Australia are getting a similar set. Because I don't own a blu-ray player, I've never got too focused in looking into them.

Still a blu-ray though.
Yeah, the US ones are upscales, comparing them with the Japanese TV broadcasts of the movies they have a lot of other issues too, like chopping off about 20% of the picture for who knows what reason. Though... the Australian ones are actually native HD.

And yeah, despite mastering everything in 1080p PUSA decided us backwards European countries wouldn't want HD nor even WS for DP.:evil: BW... yet to see a HD airing somewhere but at least it's in WS.

Back