Dragon Ball Kai Ocean Dub seems to be.. actually happening?!

ilmaestro said:
On what station? And would kids even go for it these days?
Probably Cartoon Network or Nicktoons.

And, you seen what's on Kid's TV recently?
-Original Power Rangers on Nicktoons
-90's X-Men and Spiderman Animated Series on CITV and Disney XD
-Kix! is pretty much dedicated to 90's/early 00's action cartoons.

I saw Ahh! Real Monsters and Catdog on Nicktoons earlier. It's weird. Put Kai on XD though - they have the best broadcast, AND A HD CHANNEL!

Jaymii said:
I saw Ahh! Real Monsters and Catdog on Nicktoons earlier. It's weird. Put Kai on XD though - they have the best broadcast, AND A HD CHANNEL!
HD Channel is good, however, DXD UK doesn't have Shippuden, so I'm guessing they're not interested in anime.

Paradox295 said:
Jaymii said:
HD Channel is good, however, DXD UK doesn't have Shippuden, so I'm guessing they're not interested in anime.
Well, they have Pokémon (although they don't have the newer season, only reruns of old) and I think they still air Dinosaur King.

But seriously; I've heard Naruto Shippuden's US broadcast was edited quite a bit, and Jetix's Naruto edits are infamous.

Jaymii said:
Pokémon, oddly, airs in standard. I don't think Pokémon USA supply/create HD masters.
Do HD masters even exist in Japan?

Although, some of the older movies are being re-released in Blu-Ray; so there's the possibility of some upscales happening.

Jaymii said:
Pokémon, oddly, airs in standard. I don't think Pokémon USA supply/create HD masters.
I have seen some 720p rips of the later seasons...

..whether or not that's an upscale or not, I don't know. But I doubt it.

Ryu Shoji said:
Jaymii said:

Although, some of the older movies are being re-released in Blu-Ray; so there's the possibility of some upscales happening.
Broadcast has been HD since midway though Diamond and Pearl (or that's how it looks from the fansubs).
No idea if it's actual HD, there's no BDs, same as for other kids shows.
e.g. Naruto Shippuden is real HD, but only has dvd release.

Reaper gI said:
Ryu Shoji said:
Jaymii said:

Broadcast has been HD since midway though Diamond and Pearl (or that's how it looks from the fansubs).

Pokemon has been in HD since DP 121, 'The Lonely Snover'. It airs in HD in America, but only SD 4:3 on Disney XD, however, oddly, the new series, 'Black & White', airs in SD 16:9 on CITV.

Naruto Shippuden is more confusing. Some episodes are HD, whereas some are not. Check out episodes 197,205,209,213 or 217 to see some of the HD episodes, wheras most of the rest are just SD.

Reaper gI said:
Ryu Shoji said:
Jaymii said:

No Blu-Rays on this side of the atlantic (heck, we hardly ever get any DVDs. Only Chronicles, Movies 1-6 and 10, with 13's release being delayed more than any Manga UK title), but:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pokemon-Heroes- ... 76&sr=1-34

Pokémon Heroes/Pokémon Destiny Deoxys, on Blu-Ray.

Ryu Shoji said:
No Blu-Rays on this side of the atlantic (heck, we hardly ever get any DVDs. Only Chronicles, Movies 1-6 and 10, with 13's release being delayed more than any Manga UK title), bu.
No Blurays in Japan.
There's no way in hell anything will get an HD (FUNi have some upscaled from DVD masters Japan don't have) BD relase if it doesn't already have one in Japan. Parallel import risk

Back