Dragon Ball Kai: Buu arc incoming!

Uppa

Student Council President
Dragon Ball Kai is primed to feature the Buu story-arc of the the Dragon Ball manga, according to voice actress Mayumi Tanaka, as reported on Kanzenshuu.

Though Japanese voice-overs presently are being recorded, as of the 6th November 2012 there are no plans to air this arc of the series in Japan, with Tanaka-san indicating that this saga is to air "overseas."

Tanaka-san, voice of Dragon Ball's Kuririn, wishes for this saga of Dragon Ball Kai to air in Japan, as well.

Source: http://www.kanzenshuu.com.

Re: Dragon Ball Kai ending in the making

Proof that Japan are fed up of Dragonball?

I just hope it doesn't get rereleased over there as much as FUNimation shove it down American's throats xD.

While I would appreciate not having to skip chapters/fast forward episodes of Z, I have never actually brought any DB Kai DVDs. Maybe now it will seemingly be complete, I might get them at some point... still feels like a waste, somewhat, given that it's pretty much the same stuff I have on my Z sets...

Re: Dragon Ball Kai ending in the making

Joshawott said:
Proof that Japan are fed up of Dragonball?

I just hope it doesn't get rereleased over there as much as FUNimation shove it down American's throats xD.
yeah totally

DB Kai was canceled because of poor Merchendice numbers, not actual viewing numbers which were, from all indications, just as good or better than One Piece.

This isn't a new thing, btb, Sonic X's third season was apprently funded by Disney (Jetix) France and Ultimate Muscle's Second Season was funded by 4Kids.

Kinda sad to think that Dragonball isnt doing great in Japan anymore :(
It was really succsessful at one point. Funny though, as most anime made nowadays are typical shou-jo drama shows and they EAT that stuff up, whereas Dragonball has ALOT more life in it.

Just my oppinion anyway.

Moe and shoujo dramas are usually almost at opposite ends of the scale, unless you mean bishoujo (which is completely different to shoujo). I'm reasonably confident that in any given season you'll find more shounen action adaptations (like Dragonball) than shoujo dramas.

R

Back