Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker

Cathe

Great Teacher
So sorry if there is already a topic about this.

Finally we have more information about the Dragon Age anime.

Art teaser trailer: http://www.funimation.com/dragon-age-mo ... ser/357711

It looks so sexy :x

No idea if the UK will get it, or if we do when that will be but i'll probably end up buying 2 copies anyway. 1 when it's first out and another if it comes out here. Doing my bit for uk anime etc... :p

It's apparently aimed at fans of the game rather than trying to please everyone which I am really happy about.

So yeah

*in a very good mood now*

Wait, how on Earth did Funi somehow get themselves advertised as makers of anime?

I am interested in this produced-by-Americans-for-the-American-market Dragon Age cartoon, too, but words have to mean something for it to be worth using them.

(post not directed at you, Cathe, since you're just reporting it the same way it is listed in news articles etc).

ilmaestro said:
Wait, how on Earth did Funi somehow get themselves advertised as makers of anime?

I am interested in this produced-by-Americans-for-the-American-market Dragon Age cartoon, too, but words have to mean something for it to be worth using them.

(post not directed at you, Cathe, since you're just reporting it the same way it is listed in news articles etc).
It is co-produced by Bioware, EA and Funimation.

Begs the question, is this actually anime, or just western animation? I can't seem to find who is doing the actual animation, but it seems to be entirely western beyond that.

BioWare and EA really seem to be trying to get this Dragon Age thing off the ground, what with this, that webseries and all the other crap.

JohnC said:
ilmaestro said:

It is co-produced by Bioware, EA and Funimation.

Begs the question, is this actually anime, or just western animation? I can't seem to find who is doing the actual animation, but it seems to be entirely western beyond that.
It just seems to be a branding attempt... and we all know how successful this kind of branding was for Tokyopop and their OEL "manga".

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ck-to-2012

Funimation and Bioware have pushed back the release of the Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker anime film to 2012. Funimation is currently streaming a behind-the-scenes teaser trailer for the film after showing it at Comic-Con International this past week.

The film is based on BioWare's fantasy action role-playing game franchise Dragon Age, and was originally slated to ship on home video this year. The film's executive producers are BioWare's Executive Producer Mark Darrah and Creative Director Mike Laidlaw, as well as FUNimation's president and CEO Gen Fukunaga and Director of Original Entertainment Chris Moujaes.

Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker will be the first title from Funimation's Original Entertainment team and its co-production initiative.

Not that I am interested in this, but it seems that it has been delayed to next year.

Yeah it was delayed to next year, which is a bit of a shame, but not anything to bothersome. I'm not sure what i'll make of the Dragon Age anime attempt, maybe it'll work, maybe not, who knows.

@ilmae: I believe about a year ago, they had mentioned that they would be going into the anime making industry also, and if i remember rightly, they did so with Dragon Age, and i believe Mass Effect. Though i get this funny feeling the Mass Effect bit was more live action than anime, i'll need to check. They've not made anything yet, but yeah.

Arbalest said:
@ilmae: I believe about a year ago, they had mentioned that they would be going into the anime making industry also, and if i remember rightly, they did so with Dragon Age, and i believe Mass Effect. Though i get this funny feeling the Mass Effect bit was more live action than anime, i'll need to check. They've not made anything yet, but yeah.

Indeed and your right about the Mass Effect being made into an anime, I remember reading it.

Like myself i'm not that bothered with the delay but i'm also intrigued how they can pull off this Dragon Age anime.

It'd be interesting to see how the Darkspawn turn out, assuming they're in it, and I wonder if any of the DA heroes will be present, such as Alastair or Morrigan.

Arbalest said:
@ilmae: I believe about a year ago, they had mentioned that they would be going into the anime making industry also
Ah, so they themselves have decided on the branding. More and more echoes of Tokyopop's failure as we go.

Back