Does the PAL speed up on anime bother you that much?

It's the main (to the point of being almost the only) reason I got a blu-ray player and started buying blu-rays when they were available - I can live with lower picture quality and stuff but having things at the wrong speed really bugs me. A 4% speed change to a song or a scene can completely change the mood of it. That said, it's not a big enough issue that I'll abandon the UK release altogether over it.

It's interesting that issues with audio instability are mentioned with respect to re-encoding. Is this the explanation for the rather odd overall presentation of "Noein" on the R2 DVD boxset? I assumed it was a problem with the way the music had been mastered and synced with the series and learned to live with it, but having read this I now wonder..

I prefer pal speedup because most of the time I hear songs for the first time on tv with pal speedup and then when I listen to the original version of it, it sound slower and more low pitched which makes it sound dead and more boring

I prefer pal speedup because most of the time I hear songs for the first time on tv with pal speedup and then when I listen to the original version of it, it sound slower and more low pitched which makes it sound dead and more boring
This happened to me with the One Piece's "We are" I had only ever heard it on the UK dvds, then one day I was sneaking a peak at the upcoming intro's on YT and I thought I was having a stroke when it started playing. The "wrong" UK version ironically sounds more upbeat and in theme with the rest of the show.

Back