Do you blind buy Anime?

In my early days I was the same, if I saw it and fancied getting it. I got it, found some gems and some not so gems. Nowadays I am more picky, with the addition of places like funinow I’ll probably be doing less blind buys as time goes on.

In my early days I was the same, if I saw it and fancied getting it. I got it, found some gems and some not so gems. Nowadays I am more picky, with the addition of places like funinow I’ll probably be doing less blind buys as time goes on.
There are a few anime that I've watched on Crunchyroll that I don't own physically. So far I've enjoyed them but am in no rush to buy them. Maybe this is a good sign for my wallet if I do this more often.

I tend to watch clips on YT and read reviews. I think my friend back then was just much more bold and I probably egged her on with my shallow judgement based on what the DVD case looked like (however as mentioned it did result in some gems so, not all bad).

There are a few anime that I've watched on Crunchyroll that I don't own physically. So far I've enjoyed them but am in no rush to buy them. Maybe this is a good sign for my wallet if I do this more often.

This is exactly how funinow has effected me, then again it’s also done the reverse, some things I just want to run out and buy. Like yesterday.

I tend to watch clips on YT and read reviews. I think my friend back then was just much more bold and I probably egged her on with my shallow judgement based on what the DVD case looked like (however as mentioned it did result in some gems so, not all bad).
YouTube is a pretty good source, whether it's lists or reviews of anime I've discovered some titles I would likely have not known about otherwise.

I'm just glad she didn't buy Inuyasha and loan it to me - I'd probably still be watching it now XD

This is exactly how funinow has effected me, then again it’s also done the reverse, some things I just want to run out and buy. Like yesterday.
Oh yeah the opposite can apply too, but it'll likely help to qualm my urges to buy expensive sets for anime I may not care for. My Crunchyroll queue is filled with titles like this.

YouTube is a pretty good source, whether it's lists or reviews of anime I've discovered some titles I would likely have not known about otherwise.
Same, I can get a good idea of the animation quality (it's a bit shallow I know but as a fan of animation in general I like to see that effort has been made and the quality is decent), as well as voices, music etc, and as you say, plenty of resources for reviews as well :)

FUNiNow has made me
Gamers, Konohana Kitan and Kanon are the only shows after watching that I felt like I wanted to 100% own immediately. With other shows I'm like I'll get it if there's a good deal and then there is something like Dragon Maid where I'm was actually pondering a pre order before the crap #13.

I had no idea how useful FUNiNow would prove in broadening my horizons like never in a million years would I ever have found myself watching something like Rumbling Hearts.

I'm thinking of getting a trial for FuniNow, there's a few series' in my watch list I want to try the dub of. Problem is I'm not sure if I'd use it enough for the £4.99 a month system. If I'm going to subscribe I'd do an annual one or not bother at all.

Back