Do we all horde anime?

Maxon said:
I only buy DVDs for anime I know I will watch again.

I tried that but then I had to try new series and so the collection got a little out of control and now it is taking over my spare room, which I have nicknamed The Vault

I'm a big hoarder as I've a pile of DVDs I've yet to watch. :oops:

Whenever I see a good sale or offer on play.com or wherever I just buy the lot to save for later. I just get 'em when they're cheap for a rainy day I suppose. I often watch the good shows more than once though so it's all worth it! :twisted:

Hmm, I actually tend to rewatch lots of my dvds (when i have the time... usually got something backlogged), and reread my manga. Maybe I've just got a really bad memory? lol

I hoard...but i normally watch through most of the main series every so often, plus it means that normally when i want to watch something i can pretty much fit whatever mood i'm in, plus it helps in that lean time when i have no money

adamcube said:
McIcy said:
Anime cheers me up so selling it makes me sad.

Here here! I really can't see myself ever selling off any of my anime. I'm about +10 DVDs ahead of myself, so I guess I'm a hoarder too.

Exactly who kno's when you will want to watch an old series again and if you've sold it, it means you'll have to re-buy which is not good money sense.

I only have a few manga and anime. I was going on manga buying rampage.......and ran out of money. So know I have to wait till Christmas until I get more. I don't know what it is but I get a good feeling just looking at my small manga and anime collection and think, 'I can't wait until I've got more'. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

McIcy said:
Exactly who kno's when you will want to watch an old series again and if you've sold it, it means you'll have to re-buy which is not good money sense.
Yeah...I went nuts last year and traded in all my CKY/Jackass/Viva La Bam stuff...now I wanna buy them all again. =/

Same with my Radiohead CDs...

harkins said:
Sometimes it seems as if Sy and Ninja Boy! are the second hand anime market!

LOL, awsome....glad to hear that

but seriously though, you are right about this being an expensive hobby and also the way it slowly consumes your spending habbits is crazy.
the reason why i have lots on sale is mainly because the amount of Anime & Manga i Horde gets out of controll (well at least within my spending habits and limits) and i will have to resort to putting some of my existing anime/manga for sale so that i can have enough funds for the next batch of new series i am buying.

and speaking of Hording, i have just ordered almost £100 worth of R1 dvd's from UP, which will be collected at the upcomming Expo (On the saturday) i ordered the following:
- Witchblade vol1 starter set
- School Rumble vol1 with starter tin
- School Rumble vol2
- Haruhi LE vol3
(LOL, i just realised i started another 2 new series...gah)

the main reason why we all Horde is just for personal Collection sake....it gives you a warm feeling inside soemtimes when you see your collection grow, especially when you start purchasing your first anime/manga.
the only problem is that its an expensive hobby...especially if your into Video games also, then you got double the expenses to pay (like me -_- ).

I guess hording is just a way of life for most of us by the sounds of it. I have 700+ non-anime DVDs and 99 anime DVDs in my house at the moment. I can honestly say I've watched all my anime at least twice and plan to watch them again and again.
I even watch them in alphebetical order :S I go straight threw them all and by the time that's been done, I usually have even more DVDs in my collection. Then it's time to start over again. My other (non- anime) DVDs, however are a different story. Even if walls of DVDs do look SOO COOL, I think I've gone a bit over the top.
Like McIcy said, I can't sell them either. I have them because I want them :D

Ninja Boy! said:
- Haruhi LE vol3

I really don't know whether to go for the Limited Edition Haruhi sets, Its like over £100 for a 13 episode series. Gah. But I know if I get the basic sets I'll be envious. XD.

I might just get them for XMas or something. Not ma OWN mo-ney being spent thar.

I used to buy anime DVDs each time I went out to the shop but as time has gone on I've only bought only Anime that Has either got a good story or i've enjoyed the manga series

Jayme said:
Ninja Boy! said:
- Haruhi LE vol3

I really don't know whether to go for the Limited Edition Haruhi sets, Its like over £100 for a 13 episode series. Gah. But I know if I get the basic sets I'll be envious. XD.

I might just get them for XMas or something. Not ma OWN mo-ney being spent thar.
I'm only getting LE Haruhi 1 and 3. Ryo's getting LE 4, but I might just get a normal 2 DVD.
Pillow!!! *glomp*

Chaz said:
Jayme said:
Ninja Boy! said:
- Haruhi LE vol3

I'm only getting LE Haruhi 1 and 3. Ryo's getting LE 4, but I might just get a normal 2 DVD.
Pillow!!! *glomp*

i got the first two in LE, so might aswell get the last 2 in LE also lol. also the extra price in some way is a good thing..as it stops me from purchasing any other new shows... :lol:

Back