Disney XD

Why should Disney XD UK air Naruto Shipuden, Naruto 1 was a disaster in the ratings.

That was their own fault for taking on something that required a level of content that they couldn't possibly deal with as a children's channel, but a disaster it was nonetheless.

I'm just hoping the orgional house of mouse knows full well what it needs to do in regards to edits (IE: Keep it light, keep it tight and People die when they are killed).

it had to come

6db48a65n122347499.jpg

but yeah i think our Disney XD will just become a place for old disney channel shows and random cheap shows

oh and dinosaur king \o/

Ryo Chan said:
maybe the Disapear note isn't too far away
Let's wait till October until we make that sort of comment.

For all we know Viz told them flat out to watch themselves least they suddenly find themselves without a megahit to air.

Mind you, I would like to think that the House of Mouse knows what they're dealing with, what they could reap if they play it like how CN US played Naruto (without the whole "Hey, lets make kids watch two years worth of the worst filler ever and not even let them see teh end of it!" part) and go from there.

Conan-san said:
Ryo Chan said:
maybe the Disapear note isn't too far away
Let's wait till October until we make that sort of comment.

For all we know Viz told them flat out to watch themselves least they suddenly find themselves without a megahit to air.

Mind you, I would like to think that the House of Mouse knows what they're dealing with, what they could reap if they play it like how CN US played Naruto (without the whole "Hey, lets make kids watch two years worth of the worst filler ever and not even let them see teh end of it!" part) and go from there.
I don't think they really care, Disney isn't CN. They pretty much can do what they want, and if you don't like it, try complaining in their forum, if you can find it.

Who's complaining? All I'm saying is I think Disney, as a company, knows how to handle itself. Even if it is almost Captain Tylor-like in it's execution (Hey there, BoBoBo references in the Dub of Digimon Savers).

And if it has to crimp a few pages from the CN US Playbook of yore then so be it. A return of a better cartoon show couln't be less hearled by myself.

This is interesting actually. Guillermo del Toro pairing with Disney to make an more older-male animation. It seems, for some reason, Disney are trying to escape the Disney Princess/Hannah Montana crap in some sense. Trying to get the boys.

More about it here.

Gendered demographics bite one no matter whose gender is being targeted.

But, as utter detestable as 'Disney Princess' merchandising can be, the films the characters originally came from are nearly all landmarks in animation history. Last time Disney aimed for 'older-male animation'... The Black Cauldron happened. Sure, it was edited by halfwits but it would have been bad all the same.

Wouldn't the world be better if people just concentrated on making decent products instead of wondering what is between the legs of the person consuming them?

There are obvious attributes that each gender in the mass market go for, though. For all we know, they could have come up with a good idea and just realised it was too much of an oddity to follow-up The Princess and The Frog or something. The idea of Disney XD is stupid, I agree, though. I would have been happier to get Toon Disney back. When did The Disney Channel just appeal to the girl demographic (albeit, a fair amount of boys watch it anyway)

Comics are mostly read by men, and that was one of the reasons for the Marvel buyout. This seems to be along the same lines. Tapping the market they haven't tapped yet.

Jayme said:
This is interesting actually. Guillermo del Toro pairing with Disney to make an more older-male animation. It seems, for some reason, Disney are trying to escape the Disney Princess/Hannah Montana crap in some sense. Trying to get the boys.

More about it here.
I though I could sense Lasetter in that. Getting the boys was never a problem as long as they were under the age of 8. :wink:

Back