Digimon Adventure Tri Staff and Key Visuals Revealed!

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Back in August, Toei Animation announced&nbsp;that they had green-light a television anime sequel to the hit 1999 series&nbsp;<em>Digimon Adventure&nbsp;</em>to commemorate the series' fifteenth anniversary and today, the official website and Twitter account&nbsp;for the franchise have revealed the first details on what has now been titled&nbsp;<strong>Digimon Adventure Tri</strong>.

Keitaro Motonaga (<em>School Days</em>,&nbsp;<em>Date A Live</em>) is slated to direct the new series, which will feature character designs by Atsuya Uki (<em>Cencoroll</em>).&nbsp;<em>Heaven's Lost Property</em>'s Yuuko Kakihara will also be supervising the series' scripts.

<em>Digimon Adventure Tri</em>'s story is said to focus on the original protagonist Taichi, who is now a seventeen year old attending high school. The series&nbsp;is set to begin broadcasting in Spring 2015.

Source

The art looks closer to that of the early movies/Digimon The Movie, but I am sure that animation itself won't be like that at all, which is good.

Anyways, I am definitely in, but what will be interesting to see is how this gets handled in terms of English localisation.

I am under the impression that it will not be aimed straight at children (6-12ish), which means that it would most likely be left up to one of the regular anime companies in America, as opposed to Saban. If I had to guess, probably Viz. Even then, I struggle to believe that it will appear in any sort of timely fashion after the JP airings/release.

Those Uki character designs are instantly recognisable! I never got into Digimon but it's fun to see it coming back like this. Maybe I'll check it out.

R

I remember rushing home from school when I was in year 5/6 to catch the original series of Digimon. The Dark Masters arc (not that I knew what 'arcs' were at the time) was probably the thing that first really turned me on to anime - and it's still stuck with me to this day; I always loved how Digimon felt more dark than Pokemon and wasn't afraid to develop its characters to greater degrees.

I hated it when the series stopped showing on ITV though and you could only get it via Carton Network as I didn't have satellite at the time.

Back