Deus Ex : Human Revolution PS3.. its GHOST IN THE SHELL!!

Looks pretty good, i've never played the first one but I might get this. I can also see what you mean, it does remind me of GITS a bit.

Hokum said:
I have to say, I would have found it a little more epic if it hadn't needed to stop and buffer all the bloody time. Goddamn streaming video. Would have been just as quick (and more satisfying) to download the whole thing in HD.

That little niggle aside, no. HR looks excessively fantastic. I badly want the special edition, but just... can't... justify spending £60 on a single game. Prices are getting far too silly.

I'm here to destroy our hopes!.............Well kind of

Squ-Enix realising the hell they are in after the catastrophy that is FFXIV has placed a huge delay on Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and by that i mean they've not set the release date to be "somewhere in the next fiscal year". beginning of april 2011 to end of march 2012. Yeah, SE, you're giving yourself a good battering recently, but this is taking the piss =/

That's... kind of disappointing. But I still feel like that could turn into only a month or six week delay. It was originally down for March, right?

Getting myself psyched for Human Revolution seeing as I can't possibly be any more de-psyched for Hitman Absolution. Went to watch the latest trailer and...

bob2.png

Bob m*therf*cking Page. This just gets better and better.

ayase said:
Getting myself psyched for Human Revolution seeing as I can't possibly be any more de-psyched for Hitman Absolution. Went to watch the latest trailer and...

bob2.png

Bob m*therf*cking Page. This just gets better and better.

Just watched that trailer myself. I don't think i've been after a game like this for a long while. The potential for this is just huge now. I just hope it matches up perfectly.

Err, without wanting to say anything that I shouldn't say, the advice I have received from someone close to the game is don't get as excited as you probably are. ;_;

I think DNF taught us not to hold our breath for long awaited sequels. Actually, it only taught me that. The gaming community is filled with idiots that fall for things every single time.

The difference between this and DNF though is that the latter as continuously in development for almost a decade, I doubt this had been in development since Invisible Wars came out

I preordered this on Steam a while back as a treat to myself for finally having a great graphics card that can run something modern. It unlocked at midnight and I've been playing it since. I was a huge fan of Deus Ex 1 (didn't actually play 2, that may be for the best!) and whilst I had my hopes for this I silently doubted that they'd be able to pull off a proper Deus Ex again after all this time.

I, personally, feel that they got this right. To me this feels like it did playing Deus Ex 1 all those years ago. I had worried that they were just bigging up the whole "different ways to play" for the fans but even just on the opening level I can see so many different ways I could go, so many different places I can traverse. Stealth works, even jumping into third person cover from a first person viewpoint works.

My opinion might be helped in that I haven't played the original Deus Ex for a few years. So I might just have rose tinted glasses on looking back at the past. But...I've only spent a few hours with this and i'm really enjoying it, a LOT.

ayase said:
My version is augmented.

And it only cost me £24.97 on pre-order. Looks like it's shot up again now.

Where from?

I preordered the Xbox 360 Augmented version for my brother and it cost £50 from Coolshop (on the plus side it only took 1 day to arrive - preordered Thursday morning, arrived before I left for work)

Opened the parcel tonight and Coolshop have sent the Collectors Edition when I ordered the Augmented Edition for my brother - only a £30 difference in price (and my brother is still complaining :roll: ).

Back