Death Note To Come Out In Black Omnibus Edition!

Neferpitou

Stand User
c899fac23c5fa6f9_large.jpg

Death Note To Come Out In Black Omnibus Edition!

Starting in February of 2011, the new Black Edition versions of the series will contain two volumes of the series in on volume withslightly oversized trade paperback sizes that will have black trim. No pricing has been given out yet nor is there an expected schedule of how long it will be between each volume.

Source: Mania

I only own volumes 1-2 of the manga...so if it's cheaper than previous volumes I'll have to buy this =3. But like the anime, I'll stop before Near/Mello. Not worth it beyond that point.

Ryu Shoji said:
I only own volumes 1-2 of the manga...so if it's cheaper than previous volumes I'll have to buy this =3. But like the anime, I'll stop before Near/Mello. Not worth it beyond that point.
I enjoyed the manga a lot more than the anime, especially the ending. In the anime they slowly made it obvious what was gonna happen, but in the manga it came as a shock. Only negative was the yotsuba(?) company bit, just pages and pages of talking -_-'
But you should still read the ending :)

DanM said:
Ryu Shoji said:
I enjoyed the manga a lot more than the anime, especially the ending. In the anime they slowly made it obvious what was gonna happen, but in the manga it came as a shock. Only negative was the yotsuba(?) company bit, just pages and pages of talking -_-'
But you should still read the ending :)
Yotsuba was boooring. Problem with Death Note, is sometimes it was obvious that the editor was forcing the creators to extend it...see Dragonball for details xD

Omnibus editions of manga always confuse me. I see the point of kanzenban or aizouban editions, but surely part of the appeal of "normal" manga printings is small form factor and low price per volume?

Back