Death Note Movie Blu-ray?

HokageLuffy

Completely Average High School Student
In my Death Note volume 1 was an advert for the Death Note movie. It said that it was available on DVD and Blu-ray, and will be released on 28th July 2008.

However, I have looked on many shops websites such as HMV, Play.com and Amazon.co.uk, but haven't found anything about the Blu-ray version.

I don't really wanna buy the DVD if the Blu-ray version is also coming out soon.

Does anyone know anything about the UK Blu-ray release?

They probably cancelled it, it's 4DigitalMedia's first release and it's already a release that won't sell much, the Blu-Ray release would make it very hard to break even. They probably will release them on Blu-Ray after all 3 movies are released

yamiiguy said:
They probably cancelled it, it's 4DigitalMedia's first release and it's already a release that won't sell much, the Blu-Ray release would make it very hard to break even. They probably will release them on Blu-Ray after all 3 movies are released

3?? I thought it was just the 2 Death Note films?? Am I missing something??

Spyro201 said:
chaos said:
There are three =)
Death Note
Death Note - Last name
L - Change the world

Whats L-Change the world about??
Have you seen the Death Note Live-Action movies? Because they change **** like for example L lives. Lolwut?

And so the film is then about L solving cases over the remaining life he has left with what he pulled off in the movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lupus Inu said:
Spyro201 said:
chaos said:
There are three =)
Death Note
Death Note - Last name
L - Change the world

Have you seen the Death Note Live-Action movies? Because they change **** like for example L lives. Lolwut?

And so the film is then about L solving cases over the remaining life he has left with what he pulled off in the movies.

So they basically wrecked Death Note??

Spyro201 said:
Lupus Inu said:
Spyro201 said:
chaos said:
There are three =)
Death Note
Death Note - Last name
L - Change the world

It's not as good but I don't think they wrecked it, there is some good parts that weren't in the anime/manga.

I tend to view it as a parallel universe to the Death Note anime and manga and L Change the World is a parallel universe to that.

Naomi Misora and Raye Penbar are at the beginning of L Change the World, alive for some reason.

yamiiguy said:
Spyro201 said:
Lupus Inu said:
Spyro201 said:
chaos said:
There are three =)
Death Note
Death Note - Last name
L - Change the world

It's not as good but I don't think they wrecked it, there is some good parts that weren't in the anime/manga.

I tend to view it as a parallel universe to the Death Note anime and manga and L Change the World is a parallel universe to that.

Naomi Misora and Raye Penbar are at the beginning of L Change the World, alive for some reason.
So Death Note has its own AUs (altenate universes) now :p I thought it was only gundam and guvyer which had those :lol: Ah well it doesn't sound so bad

If we go by the original assumption that if it's not faithful to the story of the manga, then naruto and bleach would be in the lsit as well, blackwolf...

chaos said:
If we go by the original assumption that if it's not faithful to the story of the manga, then naruto and bleach would be in the lsit as well, blackwolf...

good point with the adoption of Filler Arcs and the like, guess its more down to how much it deivates from the source

BlackWolf said:
chaos said:

good point with the adoption of Filler Arcs and the like, guess its more down to how much it deivates from the source
well, certain animes includes characters exclusive to them, never seen before on the manga.

What happens to L in the manga is awesome, but I can't help but believe it was a mistake... Maybe I think like that because the first death note arc is so effing brilliant that the beggining of the second arc put me off a bit. I wasn't so eager to read the next chapter after the first. But I read through it like a good boy though :)

Actually i quite agree with you, the first Death Note arc was the best and it could of made an intresting OVA if it had ended with L's death, a sort of, the bad guys win (or good guys depending on who you're rooting for). Though i had to drag myself through the final volume, and that was after i had it to read for about 3 months :p

BlackWolf said:
Actually i quite agree with you, the first Death Note arc was the best and it could of made an intresting OVA if it had ended with L's death, a sort of, the bad guys win (or good guys depending on who you're rooting for). Though i had to drag myself through the final volume, and that was after i had it to read for about 3 months :p

Shut up!! The second arc was just as good. Near was an ass il admit, but they had Teru Mikami!!

Spyro201 said:
BlackWolf said:

Shut up!! The second arc was just as good. Near was an ass il admit, but they had Teru Mikami!!

:lol: Sorry my opinion stands :p

BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:
BlackWolf said:

:lol: Sorry my opinion stands :p

Bah your opinion sucks. :p

Found this in my emails I forgot to check for months :p

The blu ray version is still coming soon due to contractual limitations with the Japanese producers. We are as eager as you are to publish this title on Blu Ray to maximize the PS3 platform!

Rest assured we are doing all we can to expedite!

Sally

Sally Wood

Director

4Digital Media Ltd (formerly ILC Entertainment Ltd)

Back