death note LA movie

pneboy

Dandy Guy, in Space
does the region 2 (uk) dvd have both english and jap voices or is it just worth waiting till septemeber to buy it from america

I'm led to believe that the release of the Live Action film doesn't include an English dub but I have seen posts from people who seemed rather unhappy about the quality of the subtitles and translation.

Poor film anyway.

Why on earth would anybody want to watch a live action movie dubbed?
It looks and sounds ridiculous. The only time dubbing's appropriate is for old Chinese Kung-Fu movies.

LeeDless said:
It looks and sounds ridiculous. The only time dubbing's appropriate is for old Chinese Kung-Fu movies.

Or old godzilla movies :p

LeeDless said:

the dubbing looked great on the trailer

Jayme said:
pneboy said:
the dubbing looked great on the trailer
The trailer is the only thing that got dubbed.

according to wiki it was shown in 300 cinema's dubbed

VIZ Pictures released an English language version(dub) of this film in 300 select theaters for two nights only on May 20th & 21st 2008. The English language version was produced using the voices from the Death Note anime dub

source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_note#Live-action_films

Well here's my opinion.

I watched the trailer for the live action Death Note last night....and it looked terrible!!

It looks really cheaply made, the camera shooting is like soemthing from Home & Away. The acting quality shown in the trailer is below average and im sorry but "L" looks totally forced.

Im going to avoid this movie like the plague. It will ruin the anime in a big way,

Fox out...................... :lol:

Foxstripe said:
It looks really cheaply made, the camera shooting is like soemthing from Home & Away. The acting quality shown in the trailer is below average and im sorry but "L" looks totally forced.
Pretty much my exact thoughts on the movie after I saw the full thing. It does indeed look very low budget even though it apparently wasn't.

The ending to the second movie is more like how the series should have ended though.

It looks VERY low budget, I dont mind low budget films, but not for a quality gripping plot and exciting characters.

Even Ryuk, I think my old PSOne could churn out better graphics than that cut and paste job on the screen

chaos said:
I know my standards are low, but I quite enjoyed it....

me too, tbh.

yes, it is HORRIBLY low budget; when the busjacker got hit by the car me and the friend I was watching it with just burst out laughing, and Ryuk looks look an MSpaint job.
But that aside, the acting wasnt bad, and I have to say that the ending, especially the last scene, was utterly fantastic. It was classic death note. I'd recommend it just for that one scene.

Subs were pretty bad though.

Foxstripe said:
Doberman Pharaoh said:
L is an anime character, he just couldn't be recreated well by an actor.

100% Agree.
I disagree for the sake of disagreing! ;D

Now seriously, I think the guy who portrayed L was brilliant. He is exactly what I believe L would be like if he were a real person.

Back