Death Note gets live action adaptations

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Anime News Network are reporting that two live-action Death Note movies (the first being due out in June and the second following in October) are currently in production and should be formally announced in the next issue of Japanese manga magazine Weekly Shonen Jump.

Death Note an on-going manga series that blends psychological horror with supernatural mystery to great acclaim from a growing legion of fans.

I'm a big Miike fan, but I don't see him pulling off a tale of Death Note's ilk, he's surprised us in the past with the likes of The Happiness of the Katakuri's and Zebraman (I kid ye not!) so who knows it could happen, but I wouldn't count on it.

This kind of fraught morality tale would be ideal fodder for Chan Wook Park, shame he's Korean, well I can dream... ;)

I've become a big Death Note fan lately so it's good to hear that it will make it to the screen.

The story is (mostly) set in real-life situations so a live-action adaptation is a very sensible choice. Excellent news indeed. :D

Back