Death Note dub

Yeah, just ressurrecting this thread, More information i seemed to have stumbled across on VIZ's Death Note website

http://deathnote.viz.com/

It appears that they are planning on editing down, or in other words, cutting episodes; due to the fact that the DVD release says it contains both 'Original and Uncut Episodes'.

It also says strangely that it 'Features Original Music', which i would have though they would of kept the original music, i think the OST is superb, if they just mean the intro then fair enough, but it still should be left alone, Nightmare and Maximum The Hormone are brilliant choices for intros.

Still 4 episode per release, same as Japan on that matter.

Also a 3rd trailer has been released now

Well as Lupus_Inu said...I'm one of those poeple who despise Light's voice. I really don't think it suits him. His voice sounds much more smarter in the japanese version.

Jayme said:
It appears that they are planning on editing down, or in other words, cutting episodes; due to the fact that the DVD release says it contains both 'Original and Uncut Episodes'.

The original japanese broadcast eps were apparently edited to start with, I heard it all 37 eps will be getting reaired in japan with the cut footage added during prime time rather than late at night :? (still waiting on more info about that)

I think Light's dub voice is far inferior to his Japanese language voice, but I can see myself getting used to the dub and I'm looking forward to these DVDs!

Hearing that trailer... what gives? Why does L sound like Darth Vader with a really bad cold. Light does seem over-energetic... but... he sounds like he has conviction (truely believing only he has the power to change the world) although the delivery sounds a little forced. So, I'm not sure, will need to listen to a whole episode before I can really make my mind up.

butch-cassidy: I know what you mean about the trailer, but this is by no means a typical series, more of an exceptional one.

I think the L part was to hide his voice for now, they must be waiting to reveal it so everyone is all "o_o" over his real voice.

Lupus Inu,

Let's hope so! L's voice better not be some squeaky kid! Seriously... the number of times I've seen a perfectly good anime ruined by a poor dub!

If they do, Viz producers better watch out!

(I have a Death Note and I'm not afraid to use it!*) :wink:

M.G xx

* = that's a joke by the way, I'm not a vengeful person... normally...

Manga Girls said:
(I have a Death Note and I'm not afraid to use it!*) :wink:

Shhh, don't tell anyone about the Death Notes; i am also in possession of another Note i randomly found on the grass outside of my English lesson. xD. And i will use it; for personal benefit of course. /Pointless Post Off

I'm wondering what Viz will call the Shinigami in Death Note.

I mean, Gundam Wing's Duo Maxwell was nicknamed Shinigami, his dub name was the God Of Death.

Bleach's Shinigami were changed to Soul Reapers in the dub.

So, will Viz still call them Shinigami or will they go for an English name?

Trowa_Ayanami said:
I'm wondering what Viz will call the Shinigami in Death Note.

I mean, Gundam Wing's Duo Maxwell was nicknamed Shinigami, his dub name was the God Of Death.

Bleach's Shinigami were changed to Soul Reapers in the dub.

So, will Viz still call them Shinigami or will they go for an English name?

I think due to the apparently Monsterness of the Shinigami, they will leave it as Shinigami, In VIZ manga it is Shinigami as well :D

I said Shinigami a lot in that sentence.

Back