Death Note 2: The Last Name clips, DVD on 13th of October

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
The live action<em> Death Note 2: The Last Name</em> will be released on UK DVD on the 13th of October (from 4 Digital Asia) and to help promote the film, a trailer been published online for your previewing pleasure. <em>The Last Name</em> is the concluding half of the live action <em>Death Note</em> story, which is a direct adaptation of the popular horror manga. Trailer: [<a href="http://onlinemoviepromo.com/newplayer.php?id=2615">Low</a>] [<a href="http://onlinemoviepromo.com/newplayer.php?id=2616">High</a>]

Paul said:
which is a direct adaptation of the popular horror manga.

More accurately, it's a fairly loose adaptation of the 2nd quarter of the manga that takes parts of the story and characters that came into the picture later and combines them with what happened before those parts of the story and characters even came into it. Of course, the movie also has a lot of 'filler'.

By the way, this film has the best of the three Death Note endings. It's worth watching just for the last 20-30 minutes.

Had a look at this in HMV....looks alright to me...

also speaking to my mate andrew i've found out america are planning or a RL adaptation of Deathnote with....and you could probably guess........Zac Efron...what an ****.

Tachi- said:

also speaking to my mate andrew i've found out america are planning or a RL adaptation of Deathnote with....and you could probably guess........Zac Efron...what an ****.

There was a thread on that a little while back...wasn't sure if it was serious or not mind

Tachi- said:

I think it was a joke, I hope. :eek:

ze-kira.jpg

zackira1.jpg

ze-deathnote.jpg

:lol:

BlackWolf said:
Tachi- said:

There was a thread on that a little while back...wasn't sure if it was serious or not mind

off the top of my head it was mentioned in the speed racer thread

I'm reluctatant to buy any of these movies until I get official word on if the blu-ray of the first one is actually coming out or not.

So either I wait forever for a blu-ray that's not happening, or buy the DVD and see the BD release two weeks later. =/

The Aaron said:
I'm reluctatant to buy any of these movies until I get official word on if the blu-ray of the first one is actually coming out or not.

So either I wait forever for a blu-ray that's not happening, or buy the DVD and see the BD release two weeks later. =/

It's not yet, here's an e-mail I recieved from them:

The blu ray version is still coming soon due to contractual limitations with the Japanese producers. We are as eager as you are to publish this title on Blu Ray to maximize the PS3 platform!

Rest assured we are doing all we can to expedite!

Sally

Sally Wood

Director

4Digital Media Ltd (formerly ILC Entertainment Ltd)

So basically until it comes out in Japan it's not coming out here

I absolutely love the Death Note movies (I think they're a really good adaptation of the manga - obviously with some changes but I think they worked well) but for those who didn't know the distributors 4Digital Media had a free web based competition going on before they released the films.

All you had to do was name the Artist and the Writer of the series and I won second place. I got all 3 films on Special Edition DVD and some anime DN goodies. I got the 2nd film on my birthday (13th October) so that made my day - I'm still waiting for L - Change the WorLd to come through my letterbox. Just thought I'd mention it to show that sometimes you do win some anime related competitions!

Unfortunatly, I've never been one for the DeathNote movies =|.

I saw the first one and was left dissapointed... I also didn't like how certain events were twisted. I will give credit to the person who played Light though (Shuuya from BR, right?), I thought he played the part perfectly. L's actor weren't half bad either, I was just a little let down with his hair ^^'.

Though being the strange person I am, I'll still probably end up buying this, just to make my anime/manga collection look that extra bit cooler.

Back