Dear Paul

Lupus

Baka Ranger
Please give us our signatures back, I think your little observation without them has gone on long enough, so is it possible you could... give us them back?

... that's enough formality, seriously dawg, are you ever going to give us them back or not? Because I know there was the whole "We can't have images in signatures" business going down, but if I recall correctly you wanted to see what effect it would have on the forum, and that was a while ago... so yes or no?

Lupus Inu said:
Please give us our signatures back, I think your little observation without them has gone on long enough, so is it possible you could... give us them back?

... that's enough formality, seriously dawg, are you ever going to give us them back or not? Because I know there was the whole "We can't have images in signatures" business going down, but if I recall correctly you wanted to see what effect it would have on the forum, and that was a while ago... so yes or no?

I completely forgot about the signatures; COMPLETELY.

However, if they were re-introduced back into the system, it'd be awesome-- and I'll promise to never put images in there. 8)

I yearn for a link to my DeviantArt. D:

Nah, I think Paul is right to stop signatures. They clutter up forums and they are not needed, especially now that we've got the awesome new AUKN profile things - If I want to know what you've got to say, I'll go to your profile. Also, there's a habit of putting quotes from the forum in signatures, and this can make new members feel like outsiders. So, I say: No signatures!

Brethren [lol] please, settle down, I want to hear the words [better yet, read] straight from Paul himself, if it's a no, then there's no reasoning about it, if it's a yes, let us all rejoice..?

I'm not against text signatures, but the images are a major head-ache. No matter if it's a rule or not, (often new) people always seem to wack them in there anyway. I'll have poke around the source code tomorrow and see if I can't code a way to remove images from signatures auotmatically.

What does everyone else think? D'ya prefer this place with or without signatures?

Paul said:
I'm not against text signatures, but the images are a major head-ache. No matter if it's a rule or not, (often new) people always seem to wack them in there anyway. I'll have poke around the source code tomorrow and see if I can't code a way to remove images from signatures auotmatically.

What does everyone else think? D'ya prefer this place with or without signatures?

Like what was already mentioned, all information that you'd expect to see on a forum profile can be found in the AUKN profile page, but for simplicity's sake, I'd imagine more than a few people would like to post a text link, personal message or whatever, in their signature-- images are far from a necessity, and the majority of the time just clutter thungs up. Phew!

I wouldn't be bothered if there aren't any sigs still, I'd just be slightly more content with a link to my DA under my posts. :D

As i said it in no way bothers me although I did love having my Ichigo speach down there I agree to the no pictures rule as it really kills the pages loading speed

what would you want to put in them anyway? The important stuffs in your profile and it clutters up the forum, it looks a lot cooler without them anyway.

Eh, when I made the topic anyway, I didn't like... WANT them back, I wanted to see if Paul was willing to give them back, I personally don't mind either.

I rather enjoy reading funny statements in sigs. On another forum I was on had sigs with pictures in them. Most of the pictures were very big to extended the page. Most of the pictures weren't anything special either.

i.e All for the text sigs.
Against picture sigs.

And anyway, why don't we add a feature on Pictures in our profile... Like a Image gallery.

Its better that way, and we can leave the sigs to the text. And who needs Image sigs when we have profiles as good as this...

Back