Dead Rising 2 (For those who care, if any.)

Lupus

Baka Ranger
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Rising_2

A viral video was released the other day and since then it's been confirmed. GREAT NEWS. Dead Rising is one of my favourite games and I'm currently re-playing it to get in the mood. Also, the game is going to be on PS3, Xbox 360 AND PC, so Sony fans don't miss out on the zombie-slaying goodness this time around. It's not being developed by Capcom though but key members of the original dev team are involved along with Keiji Inafune. Also, they're fully aware of all the flaws with the first one and will hopefully fix them all. Only downside is... no Frank West so far. : (

Capcom are definately the best devs of this gen for me with this announcement.

I'm sure i read something the other day about Frank West being heard in one of the leaked videos saying something about "It's Happening Again" Still looking forward to this, just want to see if they are dropping the time limits or are making something like infinite mode from the get go.

Still need to play the first one. Love my living dead games like. I didn't think the first game was that highly rated? Was I wrong not to try it anyway?

It was well recieved but it was no GTA:IV as the game had a fair few flaws (Mainly the AI for the survivors were REALLY dumb.) I'd say get it for like... £20 now on 360. Don't get the Wii version though.

Yes avoid the wii version, capcom really messed up there, i mean losing the ability to jump? that's just stupid. and means that they probably moved some of the neater finds in the part of the mall you start off with like the uzi and the sword.

I only have a Wii besides my PC... main reason why I didn't get the game. ¬_¬ We need more adult games for the Wii. Even Manhunter 2 for the Wii look spants lol.

I love Dead Rising. Played through twice, first time to level up and mess around, second time to save as many survivors as possible and go for the good ending. All I hope for with the sequel is that there's no annoying old bastard phoning you every five seconds.

Flawed as it was Dead Rising was one of the most fun (and funny) games I've played on the 360. Sure the AI's are labotomised, and some of the mission structures are throwbacks to the early 90's but does that really matter when your literally mowing through a crowd of zombies? Or burning off undead faces with a frying pan? :wink:

If the sequel addresses the problems of the first game we could be looking at a classic here.

I listened to a pod cast a couple of weeks ago with an interview with Keiji Inafune who is over-seeing the project which Blue Castle games is developing. He said that he, the key members of the original development team and the Blue Castle staff discussed what was good and bad about the game, so yeah, they will definately alter the problems the original had. Also he mentioned the main character isn't Frank West and the time restrictions will remain.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TZs8F0x604Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TZs8F0x604Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

First full trailer with gameplay. Can't say it looks amazing, but the creativity has certainly improved.

Sort of related, playing Dead Rising again atm and the Real Mega Buster makes this game so much easier, I've done all cases and saved all civilians so far. (About to meet Isabela at midnight)

well one thing i really hated on the first Dead rising was that you only had one save file but i did love the game.

Was actually playing the original myself today, still great fun even now.

Can't wait for the sequel after seeing the trailer - and seriously, a moose head? Glad to see they haven't toned down the absurdity any. :)

Derfel said:
Actually makes me want to kill zombies in real life lol.

We can but hope for a zombie apocalypse in the near future. All those hours wasted on the original Dead Rising might pay off then :lol:

Don't have a 360 never played the first one but since it's multi plat I'm psyched for it Twin chainsaws on a dirt bike consider it fuckin bought.

Back