DC Universe Online

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
Anyone want it?

I do. Looks terrific, imo. Still annoyed by the lack of female body types, but hopefully more do come along. I'm slowly waiting on reviews as they happen, and they mostly seem to be positive-ish, so far. It's pricey though, £10 a month according to Wikipedia -- which is... madness, really. Needs to be cheaper if they are actually going to get a fair amount of people playing. I think my brother has decided on getting the PS3 version if we're actually getting it, which will be exciting since no MMOs (other than WoW) seem as appealing as this to me. Only because of the DC stuff, obviously. Hmm.

I'll be picking it up. I watched a gameplay playthrough of the first 3-4 hours in gotham when one of the peeps i subbed to was asked to give his view on the beta. Was a great watch, looks pretty damned awesome. The amount of variation you get with your mix n matching powers & weapons is great. If anything, the initial purchase has 30 days included, so i can give it the once over myself then.

I'm on the fence about it, normally after my time on WoW i don't give MMO's a second glance but this one is different. I would like to get it but I worry about how much time i would have to play it, and with bills and whatnot the cost. Yet the game looks fun to play and the voice cast attached to it is impressive.

Once i get the full net back i'm going to have weigh up the options...

Took about four hours in total to install. 25GB is needed. I'm now stumped whether I want to go PvE and have the option of PvP'ing it up, or just PvP - my normal MMO choice.

If anyone is getting it, what are they going on?

EDIT: Went PvP.

This game is amazing, btw. Going to waste the majority of tomorrow on it.

http://yfrog.com/gz4vkyj
http://yfrog.com/h4n6gaoj

Meet Envy. She's a serious hero who's skilled in martial arts with Superman as her mentor. She could originally fly, but due to her speciality in gadgets, she dropped this ability and trained in aerobatics instead. Her right eye was lost during one of her routine exercises when a claw went into it. Right now, she's been beating up some Gorillas on Metropolis beach and cannot for the life of her find the Daily Planet.

Jayme said:
Her right eye was lost during one of her routine exercises when a claw went into it.
I love this detail. Unfortunately, I think I would get bored once I got past the point at which you seem to be.

yep I spent so much time back in the day creating looks for wrestlers than actually bothering with the main game.

I would have bought this game if it wasn't subscription only, but because of time constraints and my internet not being all that great despite supposedly being broadband, yet constantly disconnecting from the PSN, it's just cemented that I should put my money toward Mass Effect 2 instead.

Made a start on it today after figuring out what the hell it was that was crashing the game at the character creation screen. I'm in the full PvE realm for the PC(unless PC/PS3 share the same servers) under the name Arbalest, funnily enough. Finding it to be great fun as well. Level 8 so far, shall be able to test out instances in a level, see what they are like.

I'm thinking of getting it on Steam... if it's ever on a deal because I don't really wanna pay that much right now.

Is it possible to have Green Lantern, Flash, or Booster Gold as mentors or is it only Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman?

At present, the only hero mentors are Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman, you can have their villain counterparts as mentors too(Joker, Lex and Circé). They could add more, but we'll have to wait and see. You can still use green lantern powers, have super speed and such though. A combination i'm tempted to use for another character i think.

They could add more at a later date, since i'd imagine they will add more cities than the two already here as well, but considering how big both are, it will take a while to get through it all. Or at least, that's what i hope.

Apparently a Green Lantern expansion is likely in June. I imagine it'll be DLC for consoles. Ties in quite nicely with the film due. I can't imagine it'll be a full-on Cataclysm-type release so soon after the initial launch, then again, this is a Sony MMO and they seem to adore putting them out...

Buffy Summers -

http://yfrog.com/h3kvtmj

Back