Dark Materials

Chris Maxwell

Completely Average High School Student
Man I can't wait for this/these film/s to come out. Based off Phillip Pullman's trilogy I think this will be good. Kidman, Dakota Fanning in the mix. What's ur thoughts? Any of you guys read the books?

Haven't read the books yet but my mate bought them for me telling me they are amazing, I will definately have to read them before seeing the movies.

From my mates reviews of the books these movies should be really good

I've read the books and think there very good. There surperb in fact. Took a while to get going mind (in the case of Northern Lights anyway).

I hope they turn out in motion picture terms as the new The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy - they deserve it.

Here's hoping...

Well i'm an average fan of the books - northern lights anyway. The second one i found ok, but the third i found awful :roll:

But supposedly they are cutting the anti religious subtext to appeal to the american market = Its gonna probably suck.

Yeah, that was what was said on the grape vine, that the religious stuff was going to get Evangeli'owned (See what I did there). But nothing more has been said of it...

Hovis! said:
I wonder if Philip Pullman watched Neon Genesis Evangelion? Hmmm.
:lol:

Well, I loved the books - probably some of my favourites - but I get the feeling the movies'll be just a watered-down version of them. I'll probably still watch them, but I don't have any big expectations for them.

I never managed to get through the last book, it was a great series but I got 'readers block'. This trilogy could be the next LOTR's and it could turn out like the Harry Potter movies, okay but not great. Just hope its the first I want to see the cool war bears, they deserve a good movie.

Xelis said:
Just hope its the first I want to see the cool war bears, they deserve a good movie.

I agree with that. I hope the films do the visions of these Bears justice. Hope in the Northern Lights film they make the Bear's kingdom look and feel how I imagined it to be in the book. :)

Back