Daft Punk animated film

cornixt

Kiznaiver
Is the film any good?

I've seen a few of the music videos and the music is okay. The animation reminds my of the old 80s series like Battle of the Planets so it isn't particularly overwhelming in brilliance but is okay. So would I like the film?

Interstella 5555 is basically a collection of music videos. There is no dialogue to it although the collection does loosely describe a story. If you are a fan of Daft Punk (or the music in particular) you will probably enjoy it. If you are not a fan then you will probably not like it since that is ultimately what it is about.

Made this up myself at uni, got hold of all the anime music videos and cut them together in one story (except with music instead of songs). I really like it, have watched it a few times.

Gawyn said:
Rukario said:
If it has any of their new music in it, it'll suck. But if it has their 2001 album, I may watch it. <3
It was released in 2003 is based around Daft Punk's Discovery (about 2001) album so it could fit in with your requirements.

Amazon listing.
Yeah it's that album which is arguably their best. Also worth going for is you like Leiji Matsumoto's style (Captain Harlock, Queen Emeraldas etc.)

I love it me! :D

Interstella 5555 - The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem is possibly one of my favorite DVD's of all time. :eek:

Anyone ever remember seeing the video to "One More Time" on the few original music television channels then wondering what happened next? Well that video was the start of Daft Punk's musical.

I guess when I saw it I was young and impressionable and became too in love with it and the ideas of love and courage portrayed in it. You get to see an untainted and what appears to be innocent love from a lonely ship worker (Shep) towards his famous rock star idol love Stella. The scene where he is introduced is played out to the song "Digital Love". Personally, I think that song pwns even without seeing the movie. But when the band Stella is in gets kidnapped (I won't explain why, watch and find out!), Shep speeds off to rescue her and the rest of the band from the planet Earth. It took my young mind at the time - a couple of watches to fully understand/appreciate the movie concept, characters and visual delights. But I enjoyed every rewatch as much as the first.

Certain songs such as "Digital Love" "Something About Us" and "Too Long" used as part of the musical have since become some of my favorite songs because of this DVD.

Er, I say go get it :p Its Christmas - Treat yourself :D

Heh, I remember watching Interstella 5555 at the 2003 Annecy Animation Festival..... I had to walk 70km to get back to my hotel that night :x

It's good but it's hard to find a good time to watch it, it's not something I feel I can sit and pay full attention to like a film. More like something to put on slightly in the background if you have people over, like a CD but with visuals so you don't have to look at your friends :lol:

Hi I'm new 8)

Back