D.Gray-Man

PandoraHane

Vampire Ninja
Having just started it recently I was wondering if anyone else was reading it and what your opinions are? (I'm only up to Volume 3 though :( ) I watched 2 seasons of the anime and that was enough to convince me to start the manga. I just fell in love with the characters and it has that Fullmetal Alchemist/Pandora Hearts feel that is perfect for me.
I've heard great things about D.Gray-Man so I'm looking forward to catching up with the series!

I read up until about volume 20 and haven't bought any volumes in a while. I like it, but I don't think the artist can draw action scenes very well.

I do love the cover art of the volumes though.

Ahh I get easily confused during action/fight scenes. 07-Ghost for instance had me lost, I didn't know who was who or what they were doing.
I've seen most of the volume covers and they are beautiful, volume 3 with Lenalee is lovely ^-^ I wish I hadn't seen there was an artbook available. Now I just want it! I'm awful for artbooks...

Yup, seen it on Amazon. Says it's in English and by Viz. I always check now since I bought the Tsubasa ones in German by accident >.< Think I'll be buying it soon!

I think the last couple volumes released in the UK has gotten better, the quality dipped a bit for around 5 volumes.

I read the first 4 a few years back i think i may start again once the omnibus volumes start later in the year(viz announced they plan to do them in the late summer/autumn.

Not a bad series and hopefully it carries on past the stage the anime series ended as it seemed like an interesting new direction for the story.

Ah did they? I think I'll probably stick with singles as that's how I've started. Plus the cover art is just gorgeous!

Pretty sure the series has furthered by a substantial bit so far. The reason I wanted to start was that season 2 just felt of filler. Not positive how much of it was, but to me it felt like most of it. As much as I love watching anime, reading manga just sits better with me. The flow is usually a lot better.

I first came across the anime, watched the first episode and didn't like it. Then a couple years later I came across the first 18 (I think) volumes on ebay and decided to take the plunge and give it a go. I really enjoyed it, the characters are fun and the story certainly has enough to keep things interesting. I'll agree with others though that the fight scenes are a bit of a muddle and it seemed like Allen was beginning to get a bit overpowered and just levelled up too often (but I suppose it's shonen). Didn't know Viz were going to be doing omnibus', might actually wait until they've put a few out and then buy it back to try and get back into it since I sold my volumes on.

Just incase anyone is interested, I saw that the first two D.Gray-Man 3-in-1 Editions are available for preorder on Amazon. I'm still going to be sticking with the singles but it'd be a good way to start the series ^-^

It's been too long a wait between volume 23 (Nov 12) and volume 24

August time is when volume 24 comes out I think :(

August 28th for vol 24 apparently according to amazon.co.uk. After that i'm not sure there will be anymore as no more chapters have been released since december 2012 because publisher has dropped D.Gray-man so there are huge disputes over the rights to the manga. There's a rumour that the mangaka 'accidentally' signed a contract with a foreign company for release of the manga/ they had a dispute. and partially its because of her health. Not sure how reliable that is though.

But all i can say is don't hold your breath for more D.Gray-man which is a shame as its one of my favourite manga's.

Gemsy-chan said:
August 28th for vol 24 apparently according to amazon.co.uk. After that i'm not sure there will be anymore as no more chapters have been released since december 2012 because publisher has dropped D.Gray-man so there are huge disputes over the rights to the manga. There's a rumour that the mangaka 'accidentally' signed a contract with a foreign company for release of the manga/ they had a dispute. and partially its because of her health. Not sure how reliable that is though.

But all i can say is don't hold your breath for more D.Gray-man which is a shame as its one of my favourite manga's.

Damn, I'm a little behind with my reading and now it's kinda depressing to think it's not going to conclude, those unread volumes might gather a little more dust now :(

Back