Current & Upcoming English-localised Manga Artwork

16098_10152716553358552_3766310402084361159_n.jpg

Manga boxes are super-annoying as they always look gorgeous but if it's a series I'd want as a boxed version I probably already started collecting the singles ;_;

(In this case, we already have the whole thing...)

R

Do many people buy those mega boxes? Surely anyone hardcore enough to shell out for that kind of thing probably has all the volumes already? And especially in this day and age, shelf space must be tight...

I've never bought one before but the Vampire Knight one is the first I've been interested in. I read volumes 1-13 from my friend so I'd at least know what I was getting into. But throwing your money into a whole series, or a sizable chunk of it, without knowing anything about it would be a different decision.

Lutga said:
Do many people buy those mega boxes? Surely anyone hardcore enough to shell out for that kind of thing probably has all the volumes already? And especially in this day and age, shelf space must be tight...

With regards to massive box collections, I double dipped on Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist mainly because I had the omnibus versions (Death Note was fairly cheap so I picked it up despite owning the 2 Black Editions). I also have One Piece (personally worth it since it includes exclusive unreleased manga chapters [Romance Dawn for Box Set #1 and Strong World for Box Set #2].

Not sure if I dont prefer the other omnibus cover actually.

@Normanic, this is a very interesting topic, thanks for starting this. Now that I am starting more into manga, this is quite handy actually.

Back