CRUSHED!

skikes

Stand User
Ever been attracted to someone you know you really shouldnt be?

Even though you know its a bad idea you cant help flirting with them and thinking about... stuff.

Yeah sooo... well... have you?

Hmmm. in the past i'll admit to having a crush on someone i shouldn't....Yet I think its best to consult a mate about it and get a second opinion.

Scenario: I had a gf at the time. A friend told me that she fancied me...now this friend i am (still) really good friends with, she could actually be called my best girl friend. Now she tells me she likes...so i sit there talking to my mate Yulelog and he tells me...go with what i'm going to get the most out of.

Now i sat there thinking...Gf= caring, loving, have regular sex and security that it'll last a long time.

best girl friend = Loads of sex, laughs and jokes, could turn serious (to which point i'd be in the current situation at the time - with a gf lol) Caring, loving and better looking. Although i wouldn't see her as much as she has work and education...and i've got work and other things. So we'd only see each other a couple of times a week.

In the end i weighed things up and down. and it was simpler to just stay as i was and when i'd next be free, see if my mate was still interested.

Yeah....so i guess it just takes a good mate to get you to knock some sense into the situation.

Hah, put it like that it sounds weird.
Whenever I realize the "magic" was over, I'd break up. Never really cared for more than one girl at one time. I did fancy several girls at the same time though, but guess it's quite normal. Wasn't the only one like that.

Now, double-timing your gf? shame on you tachi! =P

Wow your girlfriend must feel pretty special lol

Ima kinda in a situation... but im not even gonna talk about it because its a ******* ridiculous idea. I mean i would NEVER EVER cheat on my bf... but even if i did its one of those situations where no1 is gonna end up happy.

BELLENDS

i SAID at the time i talked it over with a friend....and No i didn't cheat, i was weighing up the pro's and cons to my relationship at the time and the possibility of going out with a mate.

End result. i stayed with my gf at the time.
I've never cheated in my life.

Listen next time

Oh, it's pretty straight forward - a lot of people are attracted to someone they shouldn't be because they know they're not supposed to, sometimes it's just for that reason.

The human mind naturally likes to rebel against what it's told to do, and a lot of people find the idea of sleeping/kissing/whatnot with someone they shouldn't, is naughty, which leads into excitement

I have been attracted girls that are spoken for on the odd occasion but I don't flirt with girls that are already going out with someone. It's rare that I'm attracted to a girl that's going out with someone. Just thinking they're hot is a different matter.

I always thought I'd have that problem, but I never have. Or maybe I've just not met anyone who even comes close to being as good as my wife? I don't know, whatever the case, I've never felt anything more than lust for another girl since getting married.

My best friends girlfriend. Nothing happened though and nothing ever would because he's my best friend. We were living together at the time and she moved in. I think it was because I was spending a lot of time with her (more than she was spending with my mate later on) because before it was just "she's hot" then it became more.

Long story short, they broke up but still nothing was going to happen because the break up was really nasty and hard on my mate who had never had a relationship as serious as that one before. The way she did it was just cruel, dangling a hope of getting back together for months when there was no chance which made me stop liking her at all.

So, haven't seen her since, still close to my mate and see him a lot. He never and still doesn't know.

Asdrubael said:
The way she did it was just cruel, dangling a hope of getting back together for months when there was no chance which made me stop liking her at all.

I've had that done to me before.
Some people can be cruel horrible and inconsiderate to others feelings. Especially when to this day....they never told you why they ended it *thinks back to his relationship last year.*

The best way i've found to get over such heartache and to get yourself to a reasonable state (which can be the hardest part of a break up...getting yourself used to not seeing the person you used to love, you tend to find yourself with a immediate injection of unlimited free time)

Is to take your mind off the matter, go out with friends....Sort out going bowling, cinema, go to a footy match, a few gigs and start going to the pub and having a Lads night every week.
Or Go out every friday for about 3 months, drink, dance and just enjoy being single (not as easy as it sounds at first....but it works)

then the next thing you know....your not thinking of them at all, and because you've been out and about...You'll probably have some lovely young lass come upto you and say "alright?", next thing you know your in a 7month relationship and hardly ever think about what happened with the last gf.

(thats just my advice to anyone who wants to have a read, take some idea's on board for the next time it happens)

Hmmmm

Theres 2 sides to every story. I was seeing a guy for 2 years and broke up with him rather abruptly and i had this ******* stigma attached to me that i did it sooo cruely and started dating again afew days after the break up. He was quite popular on the gay scene so every1 knew about it and i was refered to as "ohhhh that skikes!"

But he didnt tell every1 he was a complete sociopath. He didnt tell any1 i was only just 15 when we met and he was 21. He didnt tell any1 the ****** up way he would act behind closed doors. And he claimed that i dragged him along. When actually we just sleep together afew times after the break up and every single time before hand i told him we were never getting back together and this didnt change anything. Then he cried that i was ******* with his head.

Asdrubael at the end of the day, you only knew one side of the story. Soz if i went off on one but this subject tends to get my back up.

skikes said:
Asdrubael at the end of the day, you only knew one side of the story. Soz if i went off on one but this subject tends to get my back up.

I understand this. I think she was just hesitant to leave him. She knew it wasn't working for a while but maybe she didn't want to be on her own because it had been along time since she hadn't had a boyfriend. She went straight from her previous bf to my mate. Still she had moved out and had almost no contact for over a month and kept him hoping saying "maybe", "after time a part" and things like, "I still like you". So it was very hard on him. She could have done it a lot better, even just saying, that's it, over would have been better.

I have seen her since, once, at a friends engagement party. She was fine, had a new bf and even though she was fine chatting to me she stayed away from my mate for obvious reasons.

Ahh the old...."after time apart" and "i still love you" B.S
That crushed me to pieces and hurt alot....sorry to hear about your mate finding a person equally as horrible.

I think that no matter the gender. (i was having a similar convo with my best girl friend Jess lastnight) there's horrible people who are heartless. i think the best way of going about things is to keep part of yourself to yourself. never fully devote yourself to anyone...

As for crushes....just write them off if it in reality won't aid you in any way.
like causing more harm than good for example.

If you go into relationships with the forethought that, in all probability, they're going to end it'll hit you a lot less hard. Won't even be a surprise. When the time comes you can just say "Okay then, bye."

Look at what a hard-hearted bastard I've become. Thanks, human society.

To be honest... ive never been upset by any break up, not even slightly. I always imagine myself being really upset but it just doesnt happen.

By the time it gets to the point it ends, im happy to be parting ways and i guess it doesnt hurt that i enjoy being single too.

Back