UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Is it an awe inspiring show? I'm trying to save money before Christmas looms.
I wouldn't say its awe inspiring but I've always loved this show. This is what I wrote about it a couple of years ago:
The World God Only Knows seasons 1-3 and OVAs

Season 1 and 2 were a rewatch on blu ray this time. Love this show. It's kinda stupid but fun and the cast is great and Chris Patton and Luci Christian make an incredible double act. The OVAs and season 3 were new to me and glad I could finally watch them. The OVAs did a good job of being little asides with some setting up before the final season.

The final season was excellent. Completely different to what i expected, expanding the lore of the world, adding some action and actually delving more into the theme and consequences of what's going on. It's more serious but it works. The only real shame is that Elsie is largely sidelined in this season because of that.

It's also interesting that season 3 makes you reassess what's happened in the first 2 seasons, and looks much more at the morality of the conquests and how they are done. Chihiro especially is seen in a new light and really elevates the show.

8/10

My copy of the BOFURI LE was dispatched from Zavvi earlier today so it seems it does exist, fingers crossed it won't get damaged as this is Zavvi we're talking about though I've been pretty fortunate with them (except the time an entire steelbook got lost but that was more to do with the courier).

My copy of the BOFURI LE was dispatched from Zavvi earlier today so it seems it does exist, fingers crossed it won't get damaged as this is Zavvi we're talking about though I've been pretty fortunate with them (except the time an entire steelbook got lost but that was more to do with the courier).
In an attempt to fill you with hope, last year when I ordered Re:zero when it came back in stock, it actually came in an actual box and undamaged. So they are at least aware of what a box is.

With the filler box strapped on the side, it is a resonably sized item, so you would like to hope they might also consider box treatment.

So, does anyone have the contact for Funimation UK/Manga UK/Crunchyroll UK Physical Products email?

I've found their Funimation Now Contact Us form: https://help.funimation.com/hc/en-gb (Is it still called Funimation Now?)

Either way it seems its for their Streaming Only side of things rather than physical media. I'm expecting this to be hard to find after closing their UK branch 😅

It isn't surprising it hasn't even been given a US release date yet and they've only just put up Decembers, hopefully it will be on Januarys, so the UK release will be Feb, if we're lucky.
It's not on January's list so looks like it'll be pushed back to at least Feb. That might be a March UK release then?

Full US list that I imagine most will make it to the UK?

Sabikui Bisco - The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
Available January 3

Sasaki and Miyano - The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
Available January 3

Obey Me! - Season 1 - SUB ONLY (Blu-ray)
Available January 10

Platinum End - Part 1 (Blu-ray) - US/ANZ
Available January 10

One Piece - Season 12 Voyage 2 (Blu-ray)
Available January 17

The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation out of Debt - The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
Available January 17

The Stranger by the Shore (Blu-ray) - Limited Edition
Available January 24

Ascendance of a Bookworm - Season 3 (Blu-ray/DVD)
Available January 31

Black Clover - Season 3 Complete (Blu-ray)
Available January 17

Yu Yu Hakusho - 30th Anniversary Box Set (Blu-ray)
Special Features: Two never-before-dubbed OVAs
Available January 31

Platinum End - Part 1 (Blu-ray) - US/ANZ
Available January 10
Platinum End here is a strange one. This release has 4 languages on it (Japanese, English, French and German) and 3 subtitle tracks (English, French and German). Given the amount of languages on it, I don't see it releasing here, but there might be situation where the French and German releases are identical in terms of language and subtitle options from Crunchyroll (who are, in this case, the rebranded KAZÉ).

The German branch has already announced releasing this in January

Ascendance of a Bookworm season 3 is getting released before the earlier seasons... that's weird. I know why, since Anime Limited has the distribution rights, but it's still weird.

Ascendance of a Bookworm season 3 is getting released before the earlier seasons... that's weird. I know why, since Anime Limited has the distribution rights, but it's still weird.
Well in the US, Sentai released Seasons 1 & 2 as a collection so they are up-to-speed.

UK though, it's unknown if Season 3 will even be brought over tbh. Out of that list I can only suspect Black Clover, Genius Prince, Stranger By the Shore and Yu Yu Hakusho will be the ones scheduled for the UK.

Haven't heard of Seven Days War but I'm willing to give a movie a blind buy, sounds interesting enough, apart from that, just MHA S5 for me.

One Piece I'm only 3 collections in and will probably switch to the U.S. releases for the blu-rays once I eventually get to that point.

Back