UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Good to (finally!!) See Akito getting a release. Honestly I had me money on AL getting it as they seem to be plundering the grave of Kazé.
Probably explains why AL haven't announced Tiger & Bunny if Funi are cherry picking.

Let's hope someone digs deeper and finds TerraFormars (I think that'd be a good thing.....)

Anything they want? I mean when they own Crunchyroll, it's still an "exclusive" on their platform even if it is on Crunchyroll because it's exclusive to their company.

Anything they want? I mean when they own Crunchyroll, it's still an "exclusive" on their platform even if it is on Crunchyroll because it's exclusive to their company.
😂 very true! They also had Demon Slayer with the Exclusive tag when it was just the series even though it was on Netflix as well.
Nothing is Exclusive anymore (unless you're Netflix), and it shouldn't be 🤷‍♂️

😂 very true! They also had Demon Slayer with the Exclusive tag when it was just the series even though it was on Netflix as well.
Nothing is Exclusive anymore (unless you're Netflix), and it shouldn't be 🤷‍♂️

The Netflix case is weird of it was there. Maybe they are labelling it as exclusive because of the second season? Unless it was there before, in which case who knows.

As for Netflix... Anime shows up. "It's a Netflix's original!"

K-On! returns, dated for the 15th of November. The set appears to be unchanged in terms of content.
Sweet! Immediately pre-ordered it! I am still gonna keep the original set I have just in case the new one 's box arrives damaged since the Finnish post/delivery person doesn't always handle the packages the best way, especially during November - December since lot of people will be ordering Christmas presents.

Last edited:
So take this with a grain of salt but I was searching through the Funimation app and noticed a few Live Action films that I'm pretty sure weren't there before. They're not available yet though.
I remembered Manga has released quite a few Live Action films in the past and it seems Funimation is preparing to add them to the service.
Could be completely wrong, they don't seem to be any carry overs from the US servers (ie. NO live action AssClass & I am a Hero) so doesn't seem to be a case of just region locked content.

Screenshot_20211012-163941_Funimation.jpg
Screenshot_20211012-163947_Funimation.jpg
Screenshot_20211012-164132_Funimation.jpg
Screenshot_20211012-164147_Funimation.jpg

Apologies if this has been posted already but it was news to me.
Funi trying to muscle in on AL's turf of £150+ releases!!
Now if only AL will muscle in on Funi's turf and not price standard editions at collector's edition prices 😂

View attachment 21290
Well this box set was $249.99 SRP on Funi's US store. The US sets did have slipcases included in their set (their promo images didn't show them).

Back