UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Did any one else have there BOFURI CE from UP1 cancelled?
Apparently they received less stock from supplier than excepted.

"We are sorry to inform you Funimation UK (Manga UK) after MANY changes in release date they have under printed the following title: BOFURI I Don't Want to Get Hurt So I'll Max Out My Defense - Season 1 Collection Limited Edition
We have fill orders based on date order and sadly not given enough stock by publisher. You order has been cancelled."

My pre-order was on the 14th (EDIT: 6th) of April, so sound like quite a few must of got cancelled (so I'm going with very under printed)

So I'm super dissappionted with everything right now (Manga/Funimation, a bit with UP1 (although I accept there is not much they can do and the probably picked the fairest way to decided on which get cancelled) and my Email for sending the email I should of got on Tuesday telling me this too my damn SPAM folder, and if I had seen it earlier I probably could have added it to one of my RightStuf orders, cause I swear it was on there birthday sale)

So if any one know anyone still selling it that would be great.

Last edited:
Did any one else have there BOFURI CE from UP1 cancelled?
Apparently they received less stock from supplier than excepted.

"We are sorry to inform you Funimation UK (Manga UK) after MANY changes in release date they have under printed the following title: BOFURI I Don't Want to Get Hurt So I'll Max Out My Defense - Season 1 Collection Limited Edition
We have fill orders based on date order and sadly not given enough stock by publisher. You order has been cancelled."

My pre-order was on the 14th of April, so sound like quite a few must of got cancelled (so I'm going with very under printed)

So I'm super dissappionted with everything right now (Manga/Funimation, a bit with UP1 (although I accept there is not much they can do and the probably picked the fairest way to decided on which get cancelled) and my Email for sending the email I should of got on Tuesday telling me this too my damn SPAM folder, and if I had seen it earlier I probably could have added it to one of my RightStuf orders, cause I swear it was on there birthday sale)

So if any one know anyone still selling it that would be great.
Myself and one other also had their UP1 orders cancelled but ours were early June and early July (mine being the latter). So the fact that you got yours cancelled as early as April is a pretty bad sign on Manga's part. I can't see this being a 1000 print run set due to its price, so they must have halved the unit allocation I reckon.

Yep I've had a check on most online stores I could think and only came across sold out, but it easy to miss the odd store and sometimes they have stock

I also had Plunderer LE Part 1 in that order so maybe a smidge concerned that maybe that and some of the others might get cancelled/ lower print amounts due to so many Manga/Funimation CE getting so many delays of CE from Manga/Funimation over the past few months (and they probably only use one company to print CE's, so they could just print less to get on schedule/ clear all the back log)

But yeah cancelling an order from 14th 6th April did make me wonder just how much stock they actually printed, and how much UP1 actually received and how much they were excepting

Last edited:
Bofuri CE deserved better here.
I expect Plunderer and MHA S4 Part 2 to suffer the same fate.

Delaying a show due to CE stock issues only to have a small print run or outside cancel the CE.

Why FuniUK?

Capture30.PNG
Not just UP1 Amazon as well on my end, though it may be a problem on their end, not down to supply, at least I'm getting refunded and ended buying the Blu Rays from MVM (slightly cheaper)

Looks like Rocotech part 1, Yu Yu Hakusho season 2, Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun and even Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar are all coming out in October according to Anime-On-Line.

I noticed the retail price points are slightly more than usual.

£49.99 SRP for Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar. In the US, it's Classics release is $49.98 SRP [~£36].

£49.99 SRP for Toilet-bound Hanako-kun. Previous 10-13 ep shows released by Manga were usually £39.99 SRP max.

Last edited:
Back