UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

It honestly doesn't really surprise me, I'm not sure they have managed to release any content that has collector's edition coming out, so maybe the art box fulfillment center and the change over has cuased a load of problems. Hopefully it's a giant row about glue dot's and that they are the stupidest thing ever.
I'm still waiting on BOFURI and even after all the delay I'm not even sure they are going to release that on the new date.
I was gonna add Infinite Dendrogram CE to my UP1 list, that may one day arrive but I can do when ever with all these delays.

I also have Fruit Basket S2 part 2 what is up with the delay thing? is there a problem with the copies they have given out so far?
BOFURI
Fruits Basket Season 2 Part 2
Ghost in the Shell
Infinite Dendrogram
My Hero Academia Season 4 Part 2
Plunderer Part 1

What each of them have in common are the limited editions, and that is the reason why they keep getting delayed.

BOFURI
Ghost in the Shell
Infinite Dendrogram
Plunderer Part 1

What each of them have in common are the limited editions, and that is the reason why they keep getting delayed.
I have the UK Fruits Basket season 2 part 2 SE.
So it is definitely the LEs that causing the issue.
I've seen an SE of Infinite Dendrogram and BOFURI on music magpie, so they are about.

For me the tipping point was the low effort social change and now it’s lowest common denominator click bait and delays and how crap those Clannad discs were so yes I will be passing on K-ON not including the shorts now they are licensed is a joke. The fact it took like 10 years to get on BD is another good joke. God help whenever Haruhi is due, but if they can’t treat these highly regarded shows with respect and don’t release the stuff I like (like what chance does Stranger by the sea have of getting a UK release 0.0000000001% ) as BL so too gay for them.
Also don’t get me started on how “proud” I was when they quoted Sarazanmai for pride month yeah so proud you won’t give it a Blu ray release are you, but DBZ can have 100000 releases (and I like DBZ )

BOFURI
Ghost in the Shell
Infinite Dendrogram
Plunderer Part 1

Can't use that excuse for the now 12 month delay on Golden Kamuy

For me the tipping point was the low effort social change and now it’s lowest common denominator click bait and delays and how crap those Clannad discs were so yes I will be passing on K-ON not including the shorts now they are licensed is a joke. The fact it took like 10 years to get on BD is another good joke. God help whenever Haruhi is due, but if they can’t treat these highly regarded shows with respect and don’t release the stuff I like (like what chance does Stranger by the sea have of getting a UK release 0.0000000001% ) as BL so too gay for them.
Also don’t get me started on how “proud” I was when they quoted Sarazanmai for pride month yeah so proud you won’t give it a Blu ray release are you, but DBZ can have 100000 releases (and I like DBZ )
I didn't know there was a problem with the Clannad discs but yeah Funimations reputation is gutter level for me, kind of appropriate that they took over Manga in a way. I'm still upset they got Mugen train instead of AL.

They’ve had plenty of chances to be good and when a company that has so many shows I like Free, Phantom World, Sarazanmai and potentially AoA stuff like Magica Record and release none of them you can’t help but be disheartened it’s why I’m fed up of MVM they could release Haikyu (if FUNi dropped it), Run with the wind, Tsurune, World Trigger and no it’s just crap from the early 2000s and raunchy ****. I like anime but I don’t like the business of anime as it’s very narrow focused to demographic.

I quite like Funimation a little bit... Recently bought Teasing Master Takagi-san, Tukigakirei, Orange, and Konohana Kitan from them...

Shame they'll probably never see a UK release from them.

Yeah US FUNi serves its purpose well good value blu Ray’s, not the best but not expensive either and they are a successful business I guess… UK FUNi seems to be a stripped back version that sells shonen, shonen, shonen (bar Kamuy bizarrely)

I pray that Haruhi doesn't get bad UK treatment.
Was very close to importing it.
They may not even announce it until 2022 LOL

I'll also happily buy Funi releases I like (see One Punch Man S2) and I appreciate the bigger focus on CE's since they rebranded. While I have many issues with Funi as a whole that's also an entirely different topic.

Unlike the issues I had back when they were Manga, where their worst crime was only releasing shows conveyor belt style without caring about the problems that inevitably resulted in. (When I heard that they knowingly released some stuff that had errors in them that set the bar for me going forward).

I weighed it up a few times but really I can't justify the cost of one when I objectively look at the number of US blu-rays I would actually like to buy that isn't AoA (Literally just Shana and Dokuro-Chan)
a PS3 is £60-70 and pretty simple to hack if you follow a textguide/youtube
the hard part for me atleast is not to be a cheap ass and buy another one so i can keep my main one away from cfw to keep my psn safe

Transformers The Movie 4K UHD Steelbook and Zavvi exclusive Collector's Edition - October 25 2021

h0Vo1De.jpg

Collector's Edition contents
  • 1x UHD Disc and 1x Blu-ray special features disc
  • 6x artcards
  • 1x Matt Ferguson’s “The Transformers: The Movie” Poster
  • 1x Artbook
  • All packaged in a rigid box

Back