UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Wait a minute...

mouse.jpg

Zoom in..
1611952724581.png

Has Manga never heard of a mouse mat before? A "gaming playmat" sounds like what you put your toddlers on so they don't hurt themselves when they fall over.

That terminology would be very awkward if used in context "Today at work I had to call the IT department to request a new gaming playmat."

Not to mention that the above "gaming playmat" looks very cheap as well. Certainly not going to swap my deus ex themed micro-weave one for that £ store looking thing.

Wait a minute...

View attachment 16804

Zoom in..
View attachment 16802

Has Manga never heard of a mouse mat before? A "gaming playmat" sounds like what you put your toddlers on so they don't hurt themselves when they fall over.

That terminology would be very awkward if used in context "Today at work I had to call the IT department to request a new gaming playmat."

Not to mention that the above "gaming playmat" looks very cheap as well. Certainly not going to swap my deus ex themed micro-weave one for that £ store looking thing.
But let's be honest, if a 'gaming playmat' doesn't have strategically placed ergonomic lumps is anyone even going to use it?

Sorry to ruin the fun, but I'm pretty sure it's not a mouse mat (especially at that size) 😅

Playmats like that are used to play trading card games. Here's a picture of one that came with a Weiss Schwarz Nisemonogatari set:

maxresdefault.jpg

...and here's an explanation on what they're used for:

When playing trading card games, you might find that the cards skid around on standard surfaces which can slow your game down. TCG playmats offer a surface that your cards won’t skid on, meaning you can play quicker and concentrate better on your game! (from Chaos Cards)

Sorry to ruin the fun, but I'm pretty sure it's not a mouse mat (especially at that size) 😅

Playmats like that are used to play trading card games. Here's a picture of one that came with a Weiss Schwarz Nisemonogatari set:
I know of at least one person that specifically uses Weiss Schwarz playmats as mouse mats.

I got two of those large rubber-bottomed fabric desk mats for use under my keyboard and mouse, although mine have stitched piping edges on them. One is a Shiki (Garden of Sinners) 16" x 27" mat and one is a Violet Evergarden 16" x 35" mat.

shikipad1.jpg

bbeginvemat.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

...and here's an explanation on what they're used for:

When playing trading card games, you might find that the cards skid around on standard surfaces which can slow your game down. TCG playmats offer a surface that your cards won’t skid on, meaning you can play quicker and concentrate better on your game! (from Chaos Cards)
I see, I stand corrected then (although you can most certainly buy mousemats in that size and bigger)

Wait a minute...

View attachment 16804

Zoom in..
View attachment 16802

My understanding is that it's basically the same type that Netoge no Yome had with its LE.

IMG_6187.JPG

Based on the size stated, the size of the Bofuri matt should be similar to this one (60cm x 36cm).20210129_224140_2.jpg
Though, the quality may be worse in comparison to this Quintuplets Matt. Almost tempted to spring for the Bofuri LE just because of the matt tbh.

I'm certain this was brought up before but for some reason I'm unable to find previous responses to this situation.

Finally decided to open this collector's ed set after collecting dust on the shelf and to my surprise it's incomplete.

Are all the CE sets missing 2 arts cards and 1 sticker? Has anyone been able to resolve or contact the distributors regarding the issue?

IMG20210202163605.jpgIMG20210202163535.jpg

I'm certain this was brought up before but for some reason I'm unable to find previous responses to this situation.

Finally decided to open this collector's ed set after collecting dust on the shelf and to my surprise it's incomplete.

Are all the CE sets missing 2 arts cards and 1 sticker? Has anyone been able to resolve or contact the distributors regarding the issue?

View attachment 16853View attachment 16852
Yeah its every copy. I think they changed the contents for the UK or at the last minute and didnt change the info sheet.

View attachment 16853View attachment 16852
Yeah the dumb rabbit was missing with the sticker selection, I know UP1 mentioned a product recall but honestly I haven't heard anything about the set since.

Yeah the dumb rabbit was missing with the sticker selection, I know UP1 mentioned a product recall but honestly I haven't heard anything about the set since.
Wow, that's quite the sucker move from Manga UK/ Funi or whoever made the decision.

You also mentioned on the blog that your copy of Cautious Hero limited edition UK set was missing an item. What was missing and did you manage to sort it out eventually?

Wow, that's quite the sucker move from Manga UK/ Funi or whoever made the decision.

You also mentioned on the blog that your copy of Cautious Hero limited edition UK set was missing an item. What was missing and did you manage to sort it out eventually?
My Cautious Hero LE was an isolated incident (duplicated filmstrip so it's missing one of the three) and I wasn't too bothered about it if I had to be honest.

My Cautious Hero LE was an isolated incident (duplicated filmstrip so it's missing one of the three) and I wasn't too bothered about it if I had to be honest.
Understood. Slightly worried I too was missing something but just confirmed all extras is present in my set.

I kindly thank you and @WMD for the quick assist 🤟

i feel like manga is starting to troll me now after complaining about the flimsy disc trays they used in the 2/3 disc releases because now with No Guns Life they've switched to a different type of case that you really have to apply some force to get the disc out in the main slot and the disc tray on the 2nd disc has pretty much turned into a dome so the disc is slightly above any of the surface

i can't even change the disc tray because it's a different type of clipping

Back