UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

i guess if Essential re-releases over there are being released for the first time over here then there's still a chance for both of the Danganronpa 3 animes to get a release over here

So pleased Tanya is getting a release. Will pick up a few of these including demon lord and Shield hero. Yamato getting a release means that the UK finally gets a release of this amazing series.

Those are all well & good but once again, no sign of Flying Witch, arghh.

Something tells me that Manga may have lost the license, considering that they've stopped doing Sentai titles a while ago, and those titles are now being handled by MVM (e.g. Manga/Animatsu has Umaru-chan, but MVM has Umaru-chan R), but I can't say for certain, unless Manga got the license directly from Japan.

Something tells me that Manga may have lost the license, considering that they've stopped doing Sentai titles a while ago, and those titles are now being handled by MVM (e.g. Manga/Animatsu has Umaru-chan, but MVM has Umaru-chan R), but I can't say for certain, unless Manga got the license directly from Japan.

Probably bang on the money. It's irritating as I've held out on importing the Sentai collectors set for so long. Might as well bite the bullet eh.

Probably bang on the money. It's irritating as I've held out on importing the Sentai collectors set for so long. Might as well bite the bullet eh.
If you want to bite the bullet, I recommend holding out for Black Friday week as Rightstuf tends to start their sales by then.

Well atleast the US has season 2 and 3 of Haikyu and it isn't region locked (it is geolocked though, but should be okay on most blu-ray players I think, atleast works on PS4)

Last edited:
Yeah the abandonment of all the titles I like is why I’ve give up on the UK anime industry no Tsurune no Haikyu no free. I’ve set a deadline for myself If Given gets a US release yet no UK goodbye the UK industry I won’t buy from it again,

Yeah the abandonment of all the titles I like is why I’ve give up on the UK anime industry no Tsurune no Haikyu no free. I’ve set a deadline for myself If Given gets a US release yet no UK goodbye the UK industry I won’t buy from it again,
anime is niche enough over here as it is, you're probaby falling down a long drop of niche for sports anime that has a main cast of men

Yes but if these shows get CEs in America there must be some market for them. I mean maid dragons abscene in Mangas FUNi list is bizarre as it’s quite popular among lots of audiences. I know that didn’t get a CE But it was as if not more popular than Tanya
It’s just what I’ve noticed both from MVM and Manga they skip certain Sentai and FUNi shows and sadly for me they are the ones I would buy.

Last edited:
Back