Cromartie High School

Churchy99

Adventurer
Well I have been researching new series to watch and I came across this. I've read a lot about it and heard quite a few things but is it really as funny as it sounds? I have no objection to random humour if that helps! Is there anything humour wise that you can compare it to or is it really in a league of its own?

I have seen a cheap boxset going which I have thought about getting or would it be better to try it out first? What are everyone's thoughts on this series?

Except it doesn't revolve around 1 or 2 jokes and is actually funny.

I've got to admit that the manga is a lot better though and the English dub for the anime seems to remove a lot of dialogue.

I liked it a lot, but found it grew on me as opposed to being instantly hilarious. It needs a chance to get its hooks into you. :D

I like the humour but it seems to depend on what you find funny. A lot of people don't seem to get Cromartie. Some of the style of humour reminds me a bit in feel of Monty Python for some reason - the absurdity and some of the deadpan moments. I like the manga more.

R

Rui said:
I like the humour but it seems to depend on what you find funny. A lot of people don't seem to get Cromartie. Some of the style of humour reminds me a bit in feel of Monty Python for some reason - the absurdity and some of the deadpan moments. I like the manga more.

R

Oh right! If it's anything like Monty Python I'll love it! Do you suggest that I get the manga instead of the anime?

Churchy99 said:
Rui said:

R

Oh right! If it's anything like Monty Python I'll love it! Do you suggest that I get the manga instead of the anime?

From what I remember from watching the anime, in one of the episodes it blantently says that they won't explain the scene and you should read the manga to understand it.

Back