Cowboy Bebop Movie on Sci-Fi TV UK?

Yay for Sci-Fi Channel. I wasn't aware of anime when it was shown in 'the good old days', on Sci-Fi, and as the staff member says on the forums:

I would recommend, in the strongest possible terms, getting everyone you know to watch it. If the ratings are good, it's much more likely we'll show more anime in the future.

It looks more and more likely that it will be showing anime again :D

I only hope this is on freeview/freesat, because i still don't have Sky lol

Hmm, having seen the movie a few times allready I shant be watching it, but I'll do my bit for Sci-Fi and turn the tv on while is on :p

Sci-Fi was instrumental in getting me into anime, I saw quite a lot of old manga movies and oav's and adv series on it (inc. EVA, nadesico, Gasaraki, Excel Saga, Arc the lad, Tokyo 2040). It would be good if this was a testing launchpad for anime again on sci-fi, surely they'll have seen rapture tv and may also want to cash in again, if they can get the viewers.

I think SciFi could do well with anime; there's plenty of stuff out there that would fit into their schedule without any problems, even beyond the obvious "giant robot" stuff.

They've got plenty of "supernatural" things (not least their new "Medium" series), so I can see something like Paranoia Agent slotting in there very well.

aniki said:
They've got plenty of "supernatural" things (not least their new "Medium" series), so I can see something like Paranoia Agent slotting in there very well.
Yeah, others I can see fitting in well with their line-up would be Lain, Cowboy Bebop(TV series), Stand Alone Complex and maybe Gunslinger Girl or even Trigun.

Hmm sounds to me like you folks may be getting your hopes up with the kinda stuff they'll show IF they decide to start showing anime again

Then who am I to say.. I still dream of a dedicated UK anime channel :)

Wow, great that they would be putting that on, i will hopefully try to remember to watch it because i thought it was a great film, and it's a good film to watch whether you've seen the series or you havn't

DaNiMé said:
Yay for Sci-Fi Channel. I wasn't aware of anime when it was shown in 'the good old days', on Sci-Fi, and as the staff member says on the forums:

I would recommend, in the strongest possible terms, getting everyone you know to watch it. If the ratings are good, it's much more likely we'll show more anime in the future.

It looks more and more likely that it will be showing anime again :D

I only hope this is on freeview/freesat, because i still don't have Sky lol
Don't suppose they thought of advertising this heavily themselves, aye?
If you don't have a Sky subscription you won't see it as Sci- Fi is not a free channel.
I wonder why they are dipping their toe back into the anime water when they got hyper-thermia the last time? Could the viewing figures of Rapture be that enticing? Or has there been a lot of begging going on at their web forum then? :wink:

Back