Cowboy Bebop Movie on Sci-Fi TV UK?

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
According to one of their employees, Sci-Fi Channel UK are set to air "Cowboy Bebop: Rockin' All Over The World" (we assume this is a mistaken reference to the Cowboy Bebop movie "Knockin' on Heaven's Door") on Sunday 11th June at 3pm. This was spotted earlier today over at the official <a href="http://www.forum.scifiuk.com/index.php?showtopic=380">Sci-Fi Channel UK forums</a>. Source: <a href="http://forums.animeondvd.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1334926&page=&view=&sb=5&o=">Anime On DVD Forums</a>.

So just when we figured Sci-Fi was a lost cause, they again show us a glimpse of hope. 3pm on a Sunday must be primetime for family viewing; this could well be a success. And besides, it's actually a pretty damn fine movie.

Not sure why they stopped really, anyone remember that Saiko Exciting (sp?) show on saturday mornings, had some anime, interviews about japanese stuff in general and presented by that seriously cute chick. This was after the channel had been showing (far worse) anime years before and suddenly the show was over and the only anime on was Fist Of The North Star at 5am weekdays mornings!

I already have it on DVD but I love the movie so much that i'll try and catch this. :)

3PM seems a little early of a timeslot though.

Its a good movie. I still haven't finished watching the series yet, its in the pile, but i saw the movie a year or so ago and its defenitly worth watching.

It is indeed an excellent film. Here's hoping that it pulls in a big enough audience to make some channel consider showing the series. After all, it's a fan fave and the self-contained episode structure would lend it well to UK TV (again).

An old argument I know, but it's worth repeating! :)

Cyburn said:
3pm?? Hopefully it wont be cut to hell then
They cut almost an hour out of Meet Joe Black when it was on Sci-Fi at around the same time. Here's what I think will be cut from Bebop anyhow...

# When Vincent twists Spikes chest.
# When Vincent shoots Spike through the torso.
# When Vincent shoots the Security guard in the head.
# When Vincent shoots the unsuspecting guy on the train through the head whist trying to hit Spike.
# When Vincent cuts open Fayes top.
# When Vincent(wow, he's such a badass) stabs the guy who was wanting payment for the nanomachines.

The blood may be digitally removed like when it was aired on Adult Swim(or so i'm told).

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol so in other words, not worth them bothering to show it at such a silly time

I've said it before and will no doubt say it again
God bless DVD

Hopefully its not cut too heavily as i havent actually seen the movie yet. Hopefully it gets enough viewers for sci-fi to seriously consider showing some decent anime again! :D

i dont see why they would cut anything out as the showed all evangelion uncut back in the day. and evnagelion was on at about 1 pm.

valha said:
i dont see why they would cut anything out as the showed all evangelion uncut back in the day. and evnagelion was on at about 1 pm.
Not quite "uncut" - I remember at least one instance of swearing being removed. I was surprised to see how much they left in, though.

Back