Could you kill a mouse?

Aion

Time-Traveller
I have a rather cute mouse who visits my room most nights. He's been getting braver and braver, even coming out when I'm sitting on my bed reading to try and get bits out of my rug. I leave him get on with his business (mainly because he's too cute to kill) and I get on with whatever I'm doing. I don't feed him because, no matter how cute, I don't want a small army invading me at night.

Even for a harsh bastard like myself it's hard to understand how people can stamp on such cute creatures without hesitation for no real reason. Maybe I'm too soft when it comes to cute animals but I could never bring myself to do it... Tell me, how do you do something like that and not feel anything? :|

Agree with Kurogane, get something to scoop it in and then launch it.

And with the topic title, i have killed a mouse, it came out of no where, made me jump and i was holding a heavy book.

Pretend the hand is the mouse.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzXk3nfEdMY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PzXk3nfEdMY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kurogane said:
Not so much a moral issue for me, but more a 'it's unneccessary' issue.

Get a cat, or just scoop that sucker up and put it outside.

agreed.

and no i cudnt kill a mouse... i feel guilty as **** after killing any bugs... whenever i actually get enough courage to actually kill one lol

I sometimes feel a tinge of guilt after I kill a spider or any other kind of unfortunate insect that makes it's way into my room, but it goes after about 5 seconds. I'm pretty sure I'd feel the same way about a mouse or a rat. Not sure if I could kill an animal that was any bigger, though ....

I don't feel guilty about killing maggots. ******* binmen decided not to turn up for 4 weeks and the little buggers came marching out the bin.

Maltos said:
Get a large stick and be done with the job.

My aren't you harsh :p

Nope i could never kill one, i tried to help one before, even after it bit me :lol: same goes for insects, i detest spiders but i'll always use the card and glass method to get them outside

BlackWolf said:
i detest spiders but i'll always use the card and glass method to get them outside
Oh, I like spiders. They're fascinating to watch and I help them by never cleaning my windows. :lol: Plus they get rid of flies and mozzies in a natural way.

Eh, problem with throwing them out or those humane traps is that they don't work. Turns out the little buggers'll walk back from literally miles away. So yeah, I kill them. I feel a little guilty about it, but I try to be pragmatic about these things.

I couldn't kill them even though our house and the houses next to us have them so I will be using humane traps to get them since they seem to be coming into our kitchen but luckily they can't get in the food/cultery/plate cupboards

Depends on how I kill it. Let's say, I see one on the floor and there's a big ass rock or something... quick, painless and clea- no, ignore that last one.

That, or hope that my cat is nearby. Doubt I'd kill it any other way.

Back