Converting my lady to anime

Red Hawk Weapon of Death. If she lacks the testicular fortitude to enjoy that, and there's a good chance she will, then I recommend My Little Monster, but you have to explain that one needs to look past the high school setting and one will find a beautiful show.

If I ever have a girlfriend that doesn't like My Little Monster, I'm not sure I would be able to handle that and pretend like it's not a big deal. I mean, what does disliking My Little Monster say about a person?

Agent-347 said:

Wow that's a wall of text but as you've taken the time to type it, I've taken the time to read it.

Firstly on the subject of dubbing.... anything that doesn't make it hard to understand what's going on or is bad enough to be distracting from what's going on, is fine. I've not personally heard much that I'd consider bad. The most laughably bad dub I have ever heard was of Ichi the Killer (the live action, not the anime.)

Watching trailers is a great idea idea, might try it with some stuff I already own, but some trailers are just awful and not really indicative of the anime (especially some of the 80s-90s stuff.)
Angel Beats is on my 'to buy' list so I'll add it to my list of stuff to watch with her. I'll look into the others too.

As for Stein's Gate & Madoka Magica; do the series end conclusively (no spoilers please.) or are the films necessary viewing?

I know we shouldn't watch anime when we're overtired and can't sleep but it was her request I put one on. To be honest it was mainly to see if that kind of anime would pique her interest... I'm really trying hard to find stuff we'll both enjoy because our tv/film interests are different and whilst we'll sit and watch what the other wants to, it's much better when it's something we're both really enjoying.

vashdaman said:
If I ever have a girlfriend that doesn't like My Little Monster, I'm not sure I would be able to handle that and pretend like it's not a big deal. I mean, what does disliking My Little Monster say about a person?

Liking your little monster is one of the keys to a healthy and long lasting relationship lol.

Cheers Agent, I've added Needless to my list based on your post :)

May I ask for a brief synopsis on Clannad? It's been on my to buy list for some time now but I'm worried I won't manage to find the time for it to get into it as the same's happened with Kanon. I feel I need to give it a good few episodes per sitting and I just can't find the time for that so it's still unfinished and I worry Clannad would be the same :(

-Danielle- said:
Cheers Agent, I've added Needless to my list based on your post :)

May I ask for a brief synopsis on Clannad? It's been on my to buy list for some time now but I'm worried I won't manage to find the time for it to get into it as the same's happened with Kanon. I feel I need to give it a good few episodes per sitting and I just can't find the time for that so it's still unfinished and I worry Clannad would be the same :(

I would definitely buy Clannad - it's definitely one of the most emotional shows I've seen, and the soundtrack is absolutely stunning too. I think if I could sum it up in one word, it'd be 'nostalgic'. It reminded me of times that you can't quite put your finger on or remember, but are stuck in the back of your mind. It's all very wistful and romantic, that kind of 'those old school days were pretty good, weren't they?' sort of way.

I didn't get into it very well at first - it can feel quite dated and slow by today's standards at times. But it really bears repeat watching, and once you start to get into some of the wider arcs and character stories, it's absolutely heartbreaking. Some of the lines in the show are some of the most beautiful you'll ever hear in anime.

Basically, bring tissues if you sit down to watch it.

Thanks. I used to be fine and enjoy the slower animes as to me Wolf's Rain is one and such a worth it one to get through (I cried). I'll go ahead and buy it some day, preferably when I have the time to absorb it so the slow parts don't "phase" me.

Back