Converting DVD to MP4?

Kaede

Adventurer
Anyone here have any experience in converting their DVDs to MP4 format? I'd like to be able to watch some of my anime series on my ipod or mobile during my commute. It all looks a bit tricky.

Ideally I'd be looking for some free software but if I have to pay a few quid for decent software to get it done, so be it.

Any help much appreciated

K

Cheers mate, is it fairly simple/idiot proof to use? A few of the ones I've tried have been way over my head IT wise. ALso is it standalone or do I need to use a DVD encryptor thingy as well?

Regardless I'll have a gander at this when I get home.

Ta!

It's as simple as insert the disc and select the output format, although it offer a multitude of configs for the savvy ones.

Generally, all you need to do is select the source (DVD / CD) and a format for output (psp, ps3, ipod, iphone, wmp, etc...) and it does all the work for you.

Typing from my iPod...

Downloaded handbrake and DVD decryptor, seems to be working but a little slowly. Just trying to put ep 1 of new dominion on my phone, should be good!

Oh sorry, forgot to mentioned that depending on which resolution you select, it tries to upscale and conversion is damn slow. I've never noticed much gain, so I usually use default resolutions (for my iphone).

Back