Content creation

kafzeth

Hikikomori
I would like to know what kind of content do you think it's popular these days in the otaku community, and what kind of problems do you think the current anitubers have (regarding their content and how they behave online).

And if you can tell me your opinion on video essays about anime and manga, that would be cool too.

Last edited:
This thread would be a good starting place if you want to see what kind of videos people on the forum are watching about anime. Bear in mind that the membership on this forum tends to skew older than the average for anime fans, hence why a lot of the videos in that thread are about older shows.

The kinds of anime videos I look for on Youtube tend to be genre retrospectives and deep dives into obscure shows, older titles, and lost media. I imagine channels that discuss currently streaming shows are probably more popular, but if you're looking to start a channel of that type then bear in mind that's where there's the most competition against established channels.

The worst trend I've seen among anime Youtubers is the "anime is trash and so am I" mentality peddled by Gigguk and the like. You see it parroted by people all over Crunchyroll comment threads (or did until CR summarily axed comments recently). Sure, I enjoy the odd trashy show here and there, but I think it's damaging for anime production committees to perceive anime fans as self-deprecating idiots who are happy to wallow in any low-quality mulch that gets churned out. In an era when more anime is being produced than ever before, we shouldn't be afraid to have standards.

This thread would be a good starting place if you want to see what kind of videos people on the forum are watching about anime. Bear in mind that the membership on this forum tends to skew older than the average for anime fans, hence why a lot of the videos in that thread are about older shows.

The kinds of anime videos I look for on Youtube tend to be genre retrospectives and deep dives into obscure shows, older titles, and lost media. I imagine channels that discuss currently streaming shows are probably more popular, but if you're looking to start a channel of that type then bear in mind that's where there's the most competition against established channels.

The worst trend I've seen among anime Youtubers is the "anime is trash and so am I" mentality peddled by Gigguk and the like. You see it parroted by people all over Crunchyroll comment threads (or did until CR summarily axed comments recently). Sure, I enjoy the odd trashy show here and there, but I think it's damaging for anime production committees to perceive anime fans as self-deprecating idiots who are happy to wallow in any low-quality mulch that gets churned out. In an era when more anime is being produced than ever before, we shouldn't be afraid to have standards.
You said some quite interesting things here; I know that there's a lot of competition for anime content on YouTube, but the real problem is, in fact, the attitude of the content creators nowadays. It's so stupid to say stuff like, "This show is degenerate... and so am I" especially when you want some respect for this form of art. And you are right, Gigguk is a cancer for this community.

Thank you for responding.

Back