"Comedy" by Studio 4C

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
During Ireland's War of Independence, English soldiers ravaged townships on a daily basis. A five-year-old girl knows her own village will soon succumb to the threat. Her only hope is based on farfetched rumors of a skilled swordsman living in the nearby ruins of an abandoned castle. This black swordsman is said to only accept payment in the form of books of a particular genre. With book in hand, our courageous girl journeys to the alleged warrior's home to plead for help, her life dependant on exaggerated hearsay.

Having been particularly short on anime to watch lately, I decided to invest some time in the experimental anime shorts produced by Studio 4C, one of which is called "Comedy". Don't be confused by the strange title, this is anything but comedy.

Despite being only 10 minutes long, I enjoyed "Comedy" was a whole more than other short gothic movies (like Blood: The Last Vampire). It is a dark, highly stylized and beautiful piece of animation. The story plays out like a fairy tale gone wrong, somehow managing to captivate me in just 10 minutes, scored with some familiar classical music.

If you enjoy horror, highly fluid action or just the "magical" power of anime, I seriously suggest you check this rare gem out. It's been unlicensed for a long time now (probably due to it's length), but for once, don't let that stop you.

:shock: WOW

just watched it and WOW

studio 4c are known for there good works but this is amazin. i thought 10 min would be too short, but..... WOW

they have to make a movie or even a tv show based on this short.

PS. is the black swordsman thing the same idea guts was based on? sounded fimiliar....

anway WOW

Back