Comedy Anime + Any New Animes to look out for?

CitizenGeek said:
After watching ep 3 and 4 of FLCL, I think I'll accept that it's a funny series, but in fairness, branding it a comedy is a bit much.
I guess. I'd probably call it a coming-of-age story myself.

Yeah, maybe add a 'twisted' into that description though!

Just watched the first two eps of Full Metal Panic! and it was quite funny (definately a lot funnier than FLCL) so I think I'd reccomend that as a comedy anime!

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I never really liked Full Metal Panic. The characters tire really quickly. Well they did for me anyway.

Hmm, after watching the 4th, I think I can see the characters tiring, but I'm not fully sure yet. I think I'll still get the boxset in November!

Pani Poni Dash my friend hasn't given my DVD back this yet, said it's too funny to let go MAHO!, now he can't stop saying that as well.

Duskin said:
Pani Poni Dash my friend hasn't given my DVD back this yet, said it's too funny to let go MAHO!, now he can't stop saying that as well.

I love this series saw it at miniami con last year and had to find and buy it the next day as it was so funny

Noodle Fighter Miki - funny action style anime, also found at minami con

After watching about 10 eps of Fruits Basket, I'm pretty sure it would work as a good comedy show! There are loads of laugh-out-loud moments in there!

CitizenGeek said:
After watching about 10 eps of Fruits Basket, I'm pretty sure it would work as a good comedy show! There are loads of laugh-out-loud moments in there!
Fruits Basket has some awesome comedy, but the series, like the manga, tends more towards the angsty side as it progresses.

Like the others who mentioned it, funny anime I'd recommend is

Ouran High School Host Club (addicted to this)
Lovely Complex (really love it)
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (funny, I really like this)

School Rumble is great but kinda irritating to watch

I'm going to back <b>Lovely Complex</b> and <b>Ouran High School Host Club</b>!
However if you aren't looking for a Comedy/Romance, how about <b>The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya</b>?

Ouran High School Host Club sounds very good to me! I listend to a review of it in the AnimeWorldOrder poscast and Clarissa (ftw!) made it sound very enjoyable!

Comedy got to be School Rumble and if you like that then try Azumanga Daioh, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, excel saga (A bit dated now by has great animations).

CitizenGeek said:

i loved the bit where momiji said "Kyo's got the hots this morning!"
best bit in that anime!!!

Oh my recommendations are...
BO-BO-BO-BO-BO-BO-BO-BO this isn't out on dvd as far as i know but it is shown on jetix after naruto..complete randomness (look out for dengakuman)
gravitation is quite funny aswell and finally...
Saiyuki reload this is a good anime but the best comedy moments are from the ura-sai! episodes at the end of each episode

Back